AT PRO COILS ???

Astro Nut

Dec 7, 2013
Burson, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be getting the Garrett AT PRO pretty soon. I want to know what coil or coils to buy for it other than the stock coils the 8.5 X 11 DD it comes with. I will be detecting in some pretty trashed areas some times and also want to do some prospecting also in some streams which in the summer are usually dried up. Appreciate feedback on which coils or coil to get. Feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't go wrong with the Garrett 5x8 and Nel makes a sharpshooter about the same size. The Nel tornado is a proven winner on the pro and gold.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett 5x8 is my go to coil, use it most of the time. Trying the NEL tornado from a friend to see if you can get more depth, definitely a learning curve and a little more weight. Not sure about it yet, want to try the NEL hunter also. Really going to depend what and where you want to hunt, and your budget. Read more reviews and watch videos on coil tests.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As soon as you put on the 5x8 you will never take it off again. You will finally feel a bit of balance, you will be able to swing it forever and I don’t think you will see much of any difference in depth. Separation in trash is very good.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nel Storm watch the Hoover boys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread