Sandman

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no I was afraid that was the case. Thank you so much for the information.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
This is sad news....he was very active on many forums. Rest in peace Sandman!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is sad, Sandman helped me a lot when I first started detecting, I bet I asked him a hundreds of questions if I asked one. We became good friends and communicated via emails and pms over the last 10 years. I really wish I had taken the time to fly up and meet Dennis in person.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is sad news. I always found his posts to be informative and down to earth. He will be missed.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you Treasure Hunter for the information. He will be missed!

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This got me to thinking that I've only met a few people on Tnet in person and most of them are people I know locally who enjoy our hobby and I told them about this great site. In turn I've met so many people on here that I call friends and have never talked face to face. Have by phone a few times though. Sandman was one of those people. First run in I had with him wasn't nice though lol. He was telling me how bad my detector was. Back in those days there were some heated arguments in the Garrett forum and I wasn't letting anyone talk trash about my detector. Even if sandman was correct that the thing was useless in wet salt water sand. Lol. He knew what he was talking about for sure. Alot of those threads got locked down by the moderators in those days and it was mostly other guys not sandman getting nasty. Sandman and I got to talking on PMs and I learned alot about him and he did of me too. He would talk to me about how dangerous my line of work was (high voltage substation tech) and would end our conversations with a be safe out there. If I had a question about detecting I would hit him up as well as John and a few others. I'm middle aged and would have never thought I would make friends with people I've never met on a social site till I found this place. We all share a passion for a hobby and we understand when someone just wants to talk about detecting or treasure hunting when people we see everyday could care less or think we may be a little off. I'm glad I got to know sandman and was able to call him a friend. When I started this thread I knew in my heart what the answer would be but I just had to know why my friend wasn't posting anymore. RIP Sandman (Dennis) till we can meet in person one day. God Bless you my friend.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just saw this! He was a good man! Enjoyed his information and help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread