NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While technically I "found" this on Craigslist a few days ago, I just actually got it home... Tried it out and it works as good as new, but I have no idea what I would use it for, in town anyway, but I just had to pick it up.... It's currently in the "oh I've had that for a while now" area downstairs, but I may take it out by the river over the weekend and see what I can find. Seeing as it runs on FOUR 9volts it had better at least find enough to cover the cost of batteries
laughing7.gif

garrett1.jpg garrett2.jpg garrett3.jpg garrett4.jpg garrett5.jpg garrett6.jpg

Anyone have an idea of when this thing was made? I'm guessing it has to be 1970's? The serial number is 0318-029, if that helps date it... Any links to a manual, or stories of using one, or tech specs on it would be appreciated as well...If it's the rarest Garrett detector ever and worth it's weight in gold or silver I might be tempted to sell it, (it's got a bit of weight) but most likely it will stay with me and maybe I'll put together a wall of old detectors one day.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would call Garrett and ask. She is PURDY!

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The L880 was sold in the early eighties, had an attachment for a large rectangular coil for hunting deep targets, it was one heavy unit.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The L880 had an attachment called the Bloodhound you would take the regular coil off and put on a set of huge rectangular coils. This was in the day when you needed a shoulder strap and a partner to relive you after carry on of these detectors around. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions