Nel Thunder for AT Max - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Nel Thunder for AT Max

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    EJ

May 2013
    NW Ohio
    At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
    1064 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I just picked up a Cors fortune for the Max and if the weather was better I would give it a try. Like I said I like the small coils and this is the same as the NEL sharpshooter. It's 9.5x5.5. Should be great in the sites I hunt. I'll use the stock and thunder for special situations.

us
    Feb 2015
    Virginia
    Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
    749 times
    Thanks for the post. I to have a ATGold and have been wanting a larger coil. Your post just made the choice easier for me.

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    692 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak43351 View Post
    Great idea I have a couple of those and a couple single point AR 15 slings I could make something work I'm sure. I think my recent surgery and weakness from that made the coil feel heavier than it should. The coil is really good at separation. The shape of the thunder helps this I'm sure. It does alot better than the stock coil.
    Agreed! The NEL makes great coils. Especially the thunders!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Jarhead

Feb 2013
    Laconia, IN
    ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Garrett AT Max ● Garrett GTI 2500 ● Garrett AT Pro ● Garrett Propointer ● Lesche Digging Tool ● The Piranha - Model 35 ● 18" Min
    101 times
    Metal Detecting
    Is there a chart that shows the attributes of each Nel coil, and what they're best suited for?
    JW
    CWO2 USMC Retired
    Laconia IN

us
    EJ

May 2013
    NW Ohio
    At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
    1064 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Is there a chart that shows the attributes of each Nel coil, and what they're best suited for?
    If you go to their website it will give a number rating 0-10 on 4 areas for each coil. Depth, separation, sensitivity to small targets and sensitivity to large targets. This is only charts I have seen. I will tell you the tornado was a great all around coil so the thunder should be as well. The sharpshooter is about the size of Garrett's 5x8 and I have one but haven't been out with it yet but air test are promising.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23790 times
    Metal Detecting
    I just sold my Nel Thunder it was for the ATP. I bought it with the Max when the Thunder Max wasn’t out yet. Live and learn.

us
    EJ

May 2013
    NW Ohio
    1064 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    I just sold my Nel Thunder it was for the ATP. I bought it with the Max when the Thunder Max wasn’t out yet. Live and learn.
    Yea I don't understand how the Garrett coils work for all three AT series detector but don't with the Nel coils. In my exp any Nel coil put on the AT series detector is going to out preform the Garrett of similar size. I have the sharpshooter for the Max as well and have only air tested. I will try to get out this weekend and give it a test in one of my trashy fields. I have a couple fields that the AT gold has found a bunch of old coppers. I know there is more in them so will see if the sharpshooter can find any.
    Truth likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23790 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yea I don't understand how the Garrett coils work for all three AT series detector but don't with the Nel coils. In my exp any Nel coil put on the AT series detector is going to out preform the Garrett of similar size. I have the sharpshooter for the Max as well and have only air tested. I will try to get out this weekend and give it a test in one of my trashy fields. I have a couple fields that the AT gold has found a bunch of old coppers. I know there is more in them so will see if the sharpshooter can find any.
    Let me know how it goes

us
    EJ

May 2013
    NW Ohio
    1064 times
    Will do. If you look I was the one who posted about the thunder as well. It's going to be a great coil for the AT Max.
    Truth likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23790 times
    Metal Detecting
    Will do. If you look I was the one who posted about the thunder as well. It's going to be a great coil for the AT Max.
    Sounds like you’ve been Thunderstruck!!
    Kodiak43351 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links