Latest Opinions on the Z-Link System

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
I called garrett today and got confirmation that the Z-lynk system has 1/2 volume level on Whites and Minelab detectors that have tone ID.

I wish I would have known that before I ordered it. :unhappysmiley:

Even though I dont own a garrett detector they had superb customer support.:icon_thumleft:

I was told different buy Garrett just a few days ago concerning the Z link system and White's detectors with the tone ID option.

I just ordered the MS3 headphones to try out. I use the Z Link 1/4" wireless kit for any headphones with Gray Ghost original headphones on my White's MX7 with no issues it works great. I run the headphone volume all the way up and the receiver volume all the way up and I have to back the MX7 detector volume from 30 to 20 and All works great. (I do use the tone ID options on my White's MX7 with no ill affect). With that said I did get less volume on an older pair of Koss QZ99 headphones that I tried out for fun. I don't know why the volume was less?? with the Koss QZ99 headphones.

I sure hope the new MS3 headphones work ok on my White's MX7 without volume loss. If there is a loss in volume they for sure will be returned and I will go back to using my Gray Ghost headphones along with the Z Link wireless set up for all headphones. As stated this set up works great on my White's MX7.

All The Best,
Bill G

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread