Latest Opinions on the Z-Link System - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Latest Opinions on the Z-Link System

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Author, Treasures of the Eastern Shore and Pirates of the Eastern Shore

Nov 2015
    Maryland's Eastern Shore
    Garrett Ace 400 primarily
    63 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just got the MS-3 system and tried it out Saturday. Worked flawlessly for over two hours as temps went from 70 to 85 degrees. Will try to post again to update, but it was good right out of the box and if I have no issues, I will probably sell my original set. The nice thing is that the total set comes with an AT connector so if I ever get lucky and can afford an AT, I can switch my Z-lynk over without a problem.

ca
    Sep 2007
    Windsor Ontario
    Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
    144 times
    I have the original Z-Lynk and my WT-1 transmitter died again yesterday. That’s the second time. So basically I get a year out of a transmitter before it dies. Good thing Garrett has good support. Too bad I need it so much.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    5053 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have the z-link and headphones and simply love it! I have used mine for about eight months in all sorts of weather with no issues.

Dec 2012
    Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
    102 times
    Metal Detecting
    Gotta admit, I won one from Garrettís find of the month last year, still havenít taken it out of the box. Donít mind the cord at all. Guess you get used to it when you start out that way.

ca
    Sep 2007
    Windsor Ontario
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boss driver View Post
    Gotta admit, I won one from Garrettís find of the month last year, still havenít taken it out of the box. Donít mind the cord at all. Guess you get used to it when you start out that way.
    Try it. You won't want to go back to the cord.

ca
    Sep 2007
    Windsor Ontario
    144 times
    Garrett is sending me a complete new Z-Lynk system. That’s awesome!

Jan 2006
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksan View Post
    I called garrett today and got confirmation that the Z-lynk system has 1/2 volume level on Whites and Minelab detectors that have tone ID.

I wish I would have known that before I ordered it.

Even though I dont own a garrett detector they had superb customer support.

I was told different buy Garrett just a few days ago concerning the Z link system and White's detectors with the tone ID option.

I just ordered the MS3 headphones to try out. I use the Z Link 1/4" wireless kit for any headphones with Gray Ghost original headphones on my White's MX7 with no issues it works great. I run the headphone volume all the way up and the receiver volume all the way up and I have to back the MX7 detector volume from 30 to 20 and All works great. (I do use the tone ID options on my White's MX7 with no ill affect). With that said I did get less volume on an older pair of Koss QZ99 headphones that I tried out for fun. I don't know why the volume was less?? with the Koss QZ99 headphones.

I sure hope the new MS3 headphones work ok on my White's MX7 without volume loss. If there is a loss in volume they for sure will be returned and I will go back to using my Gray Ghost headphones along with the Z Link wireless set up for all headphones. As stated this set up works great on my White's MX7.

All The Best,
    Bill G
    Last edited by Bill G; Dec 22, 2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Every find is a good find, some are just Great........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links