Anyone else's Garrett carrot pinpointer beep in water?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Take the battery out make sure it's in correctly and go through different setting till you find the one that works for you. Good luck.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Just maybe it is picking up metal in the moist hole. Isn't that why you dug the hole? I've had mine under water. Can feel it vibrate, but can't hear the beep. I assume it is beeping. I don't use any of the settings, just on and off. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
testing123

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Ok, I will try pressing it once in the hole. It is salt water, and haven't tried it in fresh water.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeeeaaahh, the pointers don't do much in salt water. Brackish you can get a little something out of them but in salt water I don't even bring it anymore. You can "ground balance" it by turning it on while touching it to some nearby clean ground next to the hole. Sensitivity all the way up = unstable in salty environment. I check to see if mines still waterproof by cleaning it enough that I can put my mouth over the black button housing and blowing. If you feel the air has anywhere to go chances are its no longer waterproof. Mine started beeping in the water when it started taking on water. I have had this problem numerous times and am on Garrett carrot pinpointer # 4. One was stolen, 1 and 1/2 work, one the switch is bad. Send it in quickly after you realize the seal is bad. They are good at repairing them under warranty but its a nuisance. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread