bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got one of these a while back, used it in the creek once and it went nuts after a while. Got home opened it up and it had water in it.

Swapped it out for a new one, used it in the creek a few times with no issues. Last time it was beeping weird, getting stuck beeping etc. Opened it up, small amount of water in there.

Never have used in over 2 feet of water. I'm going to contact Garrett and I'm sure they'll take care of me but should I give up on using the carrot in water?

I even put a little grease on the gasket of the 2nd one.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got one of these a while back, used it in the creek once and it went nuts after a while. Got home opened it up and it had water in it.

Swapped it out for a new one, used it in the creek a few times with no issues. Last time it was beeping weird, getting stuck beeping etc. Opened it up, small amount of water in there.

Never have used in over 2 feet of water. I'm going to contact Garrett and I'm sure they'll take care of me but should I give up on using the carrot in water?

I even put a little grease on the gasket of the 2nd one.

mine did the same, i wore a hole in the tip, as well as wore out the button rubber. When it was in good condition it worked great. contact garrett

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thru this time and again. I love em but they just go on you too quick. Mine fail at the rubber diaphragm on the on off switch. I test it before I go for a weekend of water hunting. I clean it with soap and water then put my lips around the switch diaphragm and push air. If the air has anywhere to go the diaphragm is shot. It will no longer work in water but will be ok in the dirt. I have one with a shot diaphragm and one thats still good after sending it in under warranty. Frustrating. No one wants to make out with their pin pointer before a hunt. Maybe if it finds you a big gold ring , but..

OP
OP
bologna321

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. The last one was only like 2 months old. After replacement I'm just going to use them on land only.

Any recommendations for a dedicated water pinpointer?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread