Can ACE 350 be used for beach hunting

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Hello. I still have my first and only detector which is an ACE tree-fiddy. I'll be going to St George Island in a few weeks in FL and really wanted to hunt on a beach for the first time. I am concerned, however, that the sand will give it wonky signals as it often gets while trying to hunt near the Chattahoochee river here North of Atlanta. Just curious if anyone has had success. Thanks and forgive me if this has been covered ad nauseum.
CHeers!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should work find in the dry sand. You'll have to play with it in the wet sand and see if you need to turn down sensitivity or anything. Most any machine will do the dry sand, which is my favorite area and has produced the most gold for me. People stick their jewelry under a corner of blankets and such, get up, pick up the blanket and the jewelry is gone. Great places to look.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it will not work. joking. Smokey's got it. Dry sand only for you since the salt water will cause so much falsing it would be a waste of your time. Smokey finds more gold on land than I do in the surf so there's that.

Daddio Digger

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure can,
I’ve used mine on the beach, scored a .925 necklace, a huge motel/hotel key, and some clad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread