Northwest preference?

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia
We have a member on Tnet who is very knowledgable about detectors and the Northwest , if you send him a PM I'm sure he'll be a great help to you. He is "EasyMoney".....great guy and really knows his stuff :)

Doozis

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Thanks Dooz.

Rusty, email me if you care to, but the most important thing for we N-Westerners is that our detector has a really good ground balance control and fast auto-retune. I cannot overstate this Rusty, it is of vital importance. Fast auto-retune is the MOST important tool! The soil is so bad in many places here that it will confuse a Minelab because Minelabs have to always be working overtime searching for the right frequency to use as the soil changes. Garretts have trouble with our soil too even with their add-on chip, and like most Minelabs they are a bit on the heavy side.

Stick with Tesoro, White's and Fishers. Fishers handle the ground best out of the three but Tesoros run quieter and smoother if set up right, except for the Tejon, which has a real tough time of it.

OP
OP
R

rustyfind

Oct 18, 2007
Thanks Easy Money. I have picked up a 1270 fisher and since I am fairly new to MD I am still working on setting it up. I am not used to the crakling and snapping after the old White's 600o.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Good choice.

That's a real powerhouse Rusty. It should find you a lot of really deep stuff here. You will probably need to turn the sensitivity down to at least half-way in much of our soil though. The 1270 runs with full gain (power) all the time, and therefore the sensitivity needs to be softened a bit in our high-magnetite soil. If you are needing to find really tiny nuggets or very small pieces of metal as in little pieces of steel the size of 1/4" long wire or tiny earings then turn it back up again and get accustomed to the extra popping and clicking.. The iron control in conjunction with running lower sensitivity should make it snap and crackle less. The reason it makes those sounds is because it is such a powerful detector. It should ground balance well though, because it's a Fisher.

Let me know how things turn out.

Larry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread