How To Pinpoint With The Ace Series Detectors (easily)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
coil.jpg

This system should work on all concentric coils, (not the DD design) First thing is to put a marker in the center of the forward inner toe. The true center can be made by tracing the coil on a piece of paper, cutting it out, folding it in half then placing it on top of the coil. I put on a happy face as my marker, and drew a straight line on the outer forward toe, just to help with positioning and centering. This setup works best shallow targets. For deeper targets, use this link supplied by Garrett.

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/pinpointing.htm

Another pictoral instruction below:

smallerinstructions2.jpg

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
From experience, this will work only with shallow coins, and in my opinion, you will have trouble PP'ing quarters. The best results are achieved by not using the vertical length (Longer part) of the coil. A 90' shift or series of them while still using the narrower length is a more precise option. Just my observation from over a year of using the detector, and accurate PP'ing results. Garrett's advice on PP'ing in my opinion is flawed. I wouldn't expect them to go into detail about using Pin Pointing to determine if other objects nearby are also being Pin Pointed, but their suggested procedure would make that even harder to determine. Nonthless, good machine, and the Pin Pointer is the gem of the machine in my opinion. Does a whole lot more than just Pin Point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread