Looking for tips on the Sea Hunter Mark II

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently own a DFX and had a Fisher 1280X that I just traded for a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. I really liked the fisher but it was terrible in salt water. Great on dry sand and in fresh water. Since I live by the ocean and travel to the islands once a year I wanted something I could use in the salt water.

Just picked it up from the post office yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend if it is not too cold. I'm looking for any tips on using the machine, recommended settings, which coil should I start with, techniques, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.
NJ

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start using the stock coil and the presets on the control box. Lay down some rings, pull tabs, nails, bobby pin and coins and wave coil over them while playing with the disc. knob to see what happens. Note that if your not hearing the pull tabs, you would hear the gold rings.

being a PI detector it won't have much disc. on iron and will find it deep. Use the best scoop you can get cause your goiong to do lots of deep digging.

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks sandman...i will try it. I do need a new scoop. Maybe the wife will get one for me for X-mas.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Bobby pins, wire & fish hooks give a double bleep on the 8" mono coil. This machine works best in areas which have been hit hard, hence a lot of the junk been removed, leaving a whole new crop of deep signals. The depth on this machine is really something else!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread