More Thoughts With The New Garrett APEX

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I found the discrimination of the APEX very similar to the AT Pro. It has a knack for distinguishing different penny conductivity, in my area, I have copper pennies, zinc pennies, memorial pennies, Canadian pennies, steel Canadian pennies and large cents. Yet, they all read in the 70-80 VDI range,each have their own niche in this range. The Apex also seems to have less gain then the AT Max. It isn't as chatty, although I like to hunt with a little bit of chattiness, listening for positive deep sounds suggesting a deep signal. The only ACE feature this detector has seems to be the color and nice light, balanced design. I predominantly hunt with the multi-frequency, as after multiple tests, with different frequencies, it seems to average the best results for coin sized objects. However, I am still in the learning stage, and expect to add many more hours to gain much more confidence with this machine. Winter is coming.....a whole new environment to play in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread