GARRETT APEX TESTED IN CALABASH DIGGERS GARDEN...

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That machine appears it would be useless around a cellar hole... Might be a good park machine if thats what your into...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is really too bad you did not have time to run through using all modes available. Can you access the single freqs separately?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry the programs in a way are NOT really programs....they in no way change the performance of the machine they only notch out certain disc segments. As for the single freqs you can use access them.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That machine appears it would be useless around a cellar hole... Might be a good park machine if thats what your into...

Better be a park that has shallow coins....

patriotdigger

Mar 8, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was wanting to know if the Garrett Ace Apex was a good machine in iron ??? Asking for a friend :laughing7:

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video as always. My findings are almost identical comparing Nox to Apex. You actually get better depth in your soil with Apex than I do. Apex struggles to give any good response to targets deeper than 6 inches here in Nebraska dirt. I tested single frequencies on each target as well and saw no gain in depth capability. Doesn't perform well in iron either with most coins being masked almost completely in high trash areas. I really hope Garrett is sand bagging and plans to release a higher level machine that will compete with other MF machines. Outside of salt beach use a guy is better off using an ATpro over the Apex IMO. As a long time Atpro user and fan of Garrett I was very disappointed with the Apex.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting that some of the shills are trying to discredit my findings....as you can see my soil is mild...I did the same single freq test today and had the same results....no gain from single freqs...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the posting the Apex test results!

It appears the Garrett was using multi-frequency and low cost as a caveat to create market excitement for the Apex.

As such the Apex is positioned to be the "top" of the entry level Garret Ace detector series.

I was going to upgrade to the AT Max from my older AT Pro but when the Apex was announced I held off to see what the Apex would offer.

Perhaps the Apex provided Garrett with a multi-frequency learning experience as well as a "launch platform" to migrate multi-frequency capabilities to the Pro or other upcoming mid/top level series.

I'm really leaning towards the Minelab Equinox at this point for my next detector.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread