3" x 7" Coil On The Infinium Snags A Ring In The Woods After Work Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
3" x 7" Coil On The Infinium Snags A Ring In The Woods After Work Today

[/
snowinfinium2.jpg

I put the 3" x 7" coil on the Infinium after work and headed to the woods to see if I could squeeze a little luck today. As you can see, there is a little snow on the ground, left over from an earlier snowfall this week. The temperature got up to around zero, which is actually quite pleasant for this time of year. It is not unusual for the temperature to drop to -30C at the end of November, So I will take my blessings while I can. :)

INFINFINDS2-1.jpg

I was pretty well only digging the low-high signals, which include both silver and copper along with some rusted iron. I left several pieces of iron behind, but saved these targets. My first target was a clad dime, my second a ring and finally a penny. Using the small coil allowed me to get a better sense of the size of the target compared to the 8" mono coil or my 10" x 14" DD coil. I only managed to squeeze in an hours hunt, as the days are getting very short at this time of year in Edmonton.

ringindirt2.jpg

I was very surprised to get a ring in the woods, which is a rare find indeed. Here's a pic of it. There are no stamps on it, and I suspect that it is gold plated. But, a ring is a ring is a ring, is a ring...... And that's my second ring from the woods this week.

DARK2.jpg

As previously mentioned, the days are getting shorter at this time of year. After an hour or so in the woods, the sun set and I was again left in the woods in the dark, a great place to be anytime. :)

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Re: 3" x 7" Coil On The Infinium Snags A Ring In The Woods After Work Today

Yep, that's pretty good and thanks for the pic of the finding moment ;D ;D...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread