Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Apex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I have only been hunting for a year. I used a Fisher22 until about a month ago. I am trying to learn the Apex.

First question...why do people leave the film cover on console?

Second question...I am having problems knowing where to dig once I get a signal. I find that it rings strong for up to 24 30 inches one way and I will turn and run it perpendicular and same story. I am digging huge holes or either find the target a few inches to the side of where I first dug. Does anyone know of a video that shows how to pinpoint with the Viper coil?

Third question...I get almost continual tones and have been seeing videos that the Apex is known to be chattery. I am going to try running it on single frequency tomorrow and see if that helps. I have checked all of my connections and ground balance often. I haven't tried running MF on a different channel. Any advise is most appreciated.

Kelley

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
#1 They probably leave the film on to help protect the screen.

#2 Here's several videos to help you with issues such as pin-pointing, erratic signals, chatty etc. Hope this helps.

https://garrett.com/sport/ace/apex

abird2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread