Two Tone Ace 250?

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I've been hunting with my Ace 250 since the first of the year. But there has been a couple of things that has elluded me. First, there's the really loud DING - DING - DING - DING that we're all use to. But what of the lower beeps? Sometimes mine will make these almost inaudible single beeps over a target and even the pinpointer will act accordingly. Second, am I the only one that will get a hard to find beep? What I mean by this is the machine will sound definate over a target but only once or twice. Even if I "dance" around to get a better picture of where the target is the Ace will barely pick it up but just here and there. Any idea why this is? I'm thinking the target is either really deep (which usually when this happens it says 8+") or the target is at an odd angle. Thanks for any input!!!!!!!

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Depending on what you've notched in or out you may be getting a iron and coin tone. It could be either. Only your digger will know for sure.

OP
OP
wormnblack

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I usually hunt in coins and/or jewlery mode unless I'm relic hunt'n then it's all metal in the field(s). I usually run the sensitivity around 3-5 notches; 4 most of the time I think. Thanks, tho! :D

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
My experience:

"Boops" are mostly trash, dig if bored.
"Beeps" are possibles, watch the display -- if it bounces around, it's trash, if it's steady, go for it.
"Dings" -- DIG DIG DIG. Odds are it's something worth something.

(I go at 4 bars sensitivity, discriminating out the lowest block only to avoid too many rusty nails. I have this as my "custom" setting, and rarely use anything else.)

OP
OP
wormnblack

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
That pretty much much covers it. I know those sounds. It's the boops and beeps that have confused me. Thanks! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread