INFINIUM AND WHITES PI 1000

Jan 5, 2008

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Now if you made a comparison test using both machines in various minerized matrixes and high salt content matrixes, and also including data such as size and type of coil used on each machine, you would find differences. The Infinium was designed to find gold in highly mineralized regions of the world. The Whites PI was designed to find targets in/on beaches. The Infinium has the ability to be ground balanced and operate on an owner selected operating frequency, the Whites PI cannot. You are really comparing apples and oranges. They are both good machines for what they were designed for.

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
I can't say as I don't own a White's PI 1000, but I can tell you that I like having multiple coils and I do use the reverse dis with the iron-check and dig much less junk because of it! I'm now only digging the high-low signals (mostly gold and tabs) and if I get a low-high I might check it with the reverse dis then iron-check and still get coins and silver this way. I can cover alot of ground like this with the 8" mono coil and still use the machine for relic and gold hunting if wanted. I still use VLFs for trashy areas and land plus dry sand , BUT if I'm in the water mostly want the PI!!!

HH

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The TM 2000 would have got you a little deeper.
Good report Relic Hunter that shows you don't have to spend much to achieve up to date performance.
I don't really see it as apples v oranges because you say right at the start that you are referring to water hunting.
Great machine the old Whites and only used six AA's. I assume you used the stock Garrett coil v the Whites 11" widescan ?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Relic Hunter,

Thank you for your comparison of the two machines. For the scenario that you mentioned I agree 100%. However, the Infi has so much more to offer in other features that is lacking on the PI-1000. I have hundreds of hours logged using the 1000. That thing LOVES IRON ! Judging by the prices I see on eBay other people also know what the 1000 will do for depth. Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread