New video on pinpointing with the Ace 250

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Thanks KHouse, I already know how to pinpoint the ace 250 using a different method. However this video will be added to my library of helps for newbies using the Aces. Excellent Video. ;)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have an Ace 250 and have been on hunts with others who had different machines. Finally realized it didn't matter what machine I had; I needed a bonafide pinpointer. I bought one and never looked back. You can wave that coil all you want to, but until you have a "toothpick" to stick down in that hole and zero in on something you can't even begin to reach (except vaguely), you're wasting your time. I absolutely love my pinpointer; it saves me lots of time and frustration. -Noodle

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I only made the vid for new hunters that are having some trouble. I can pp every which way on the 250 and zero in on the target. I know some people that dig huge holes and get frustrated. I too have an electronic pinpointer and wouldn't leave home without it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
;D.................I like that video it will help a lot of 250 users. I don't have any problems with my 250 but then i have my Vibra-probe 570 that pointer is a wonderful tool................................==Jim==

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
thats a great video for newbies to watch so they can learn how to "keep it small" in the general area to dig --to help stop them from an "cratering" an area --also a good pin pointer is great to have once you get down and dirty and digging -- often the coins are dark and hard to sort out from the dirt or in the nearby wall of the hole --- a good pin pointer is worth its weight in silver and gold ;) --- Ivan

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job KH!...better example than the factory videos...thanks

Fleeker

Jan 28, 2007
Hohenwald, Tn.
Detector(s) used
ATPro, GTI 1500, Ace 250 and a ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video khouse. I think you have found your calling in life! :D

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
My Mother wanted me to be a Doctor or Lawyer. I ended up digging clad coins in kids playgrounds.

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Great video khouse....I use the same method...but what I didn't realize is the small change in target location based on the depth of it.....I'll pay more attention to the difference next time out...looking forward to anymore videos you care to make...thanks

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Copperhead,
I don't look at the display at all when pinpointing. Just use my ears. Then if you dig that 3.5 inch flap or plug you'll catch the deep or shallow coins by default. Most targets are surface to 4 inches anyway. One exception is if I get a low pinpoint tone before detuning I know it's either 6 inches deep or more. Or it's a tiny target. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
khouse said:
Copperhead,
I don't look at the display at all when pinpointing. Just use my ears. Then if you dig that 3.5 inch flap or plug you'll catch the deep or shallow coins by default. Most targets are surface to 4 inches anyway. One exception is if I get a low pinpoint tone before detuning I know it's either 6 inches deep or more. Or it's a tiny target. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

I'm not looking at the display either when pinpointing...but I am digging a fairly good size plug which is why I assume, as you say....catching the coins by default....I do usually take a glance at the depth when getting a signal though...I wasn't aware that the depth effected the target postion under the coil when pinpointing.....I'm just curious to see if I can detect the subtle difference....while I'm typing...how high up are you running the coil cable along the shaft before you wrap it?...Yours looks like it goes quite a ways..thanks again

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I run the wire all the way up strait. Then right before it gets to the control head I put one single loop held to the shaft with a velco strap. I don't coil it around the rod at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread