Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Feb 2008
    Denver
    ACE 250

ace 250 question...

how deep has your detector went before and what did you find? Also....On the Sound..does it make a lower pitch/faint sound if its a deeper target or does it make the high pitch ding wither its 2" or 8"? I just want to know if i need to invest in headphones for the ace 250...

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Aug 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Garrett Ace 250, White's M6
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: ace 250 question...

To me the tone stays constant for anything buried one inch or more. THere is a difference if it is surface or just below. To me the best thing with headphones is your batteries last much longer, over time the headphones would pay for themselves if you do a lot of hunting.
    Also I dont always use my headphones (depending on the neighborhood)

Good luck and HH'ing

Hugh
    May I always be the person my dog thinks I am

Nov 2007
    North East,Pa
    Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
    19 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

i've found pennies in the 6 to 8 inch range...very wet soil but i was impressed by the depth and the accuracy of the pinpoint

us
    Jan 2007
    South Carolina
    Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I have been digging mercs at 4 to 6 inches. The tone is usually the same with the exception of the ones sitting on top of the ground..You will know when you hear it going crazy. Headphones..I don't usually use it with the Ace unless it is in a crowed area and only to keep the other folks from hearing it's loud tones. Batteries lasts a darn near lifetime...really easy on the batteries.

us
    Oct 2006
    Bronx, NY
    Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250

Mercury dime down to 7".........the beeps will always be the same.......same tone, quality, with the exception of broken beeps. If you hear broken beeps, this means it can be a trash object or trash right next to a good one. One trademark of the detector is that if the coin is shallow, less than 2", you can actually place the coil directly over and it will beep repeatedly on it's own......more or less not on it's own but by the minute movement of the coil, no matter how still you try to stand!

Ricardo
    The ground is a bank, open up an account with your metal detector.

/         
          /
        ___/___
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""

Sponsors