The River That Gives Up Gold, Gave Some Loot Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
<center>
river2.jpg

Got out for a Hunt this afternoon. I worked some trails along the river. The loot lords wouldn't give up very much loot today. But it's only a hobby, and hobbies are meant to be enjoyed, which I did :)

gold.jpg

Here is a pic of the gold that I pulled out of the river several years back....two and a half summers worth got me about 1 1/2 onces of flour gold....

Attachments

• 34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    34_NEWLOGO_2_9.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 267

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice gold! I didn't realize that you panned for gold to! How did you get it out? panning, sluicing etc?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Eu_citzen said:
Very nice gold! I didn't realize that you panned for gold to! How did you get it out? panning, sluicing etc?
A combination of a sluice box and a rocker, The rocker had corduroy carpet in it to help catch the black sands with flour gold. The sluice box has 1/8" x 1/8" x 14" riffles (rubber matting) to help catch the black sand with the flour gold. I built a recirculating water pump system using again the same rubber matting, 4 inches wide and 5 feet long, in which I fed teaspoons of black sand. The small 5 foot miniature sluice washes away the black sands, leaving mostly the gold behinds, when the right angle and rate of flow was set up. I spent the summer gathering the black sands, and the winter separating the gold in the basement. I ended up with a 5 gallon bucket nearly full of black sand each fall. The remaining black sand (gold removed) was then put in my wife's flower garden, which (supposedly) gave brighter colors to her flowers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions