Sea Hunter Mark 2 bench test

salty dog

Aug 10, 2005
Southern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Pro Pointer
I have just recently purchased a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2.
I have not been to a beach yet.
I did a bench/air test today to check the discrimination using foil, older pull tabs, new tab, bottle cap, and a screw cap. I used a gold ring to do the test.

The threshold was set at a low hum during these test.
In Standard Trash Elimination
The detector would not pick up the foil. Which was the kind that's wrapped on Easter eggs.
The elimination was set at 5 for the new type tab and the ring could still be picked up. The old tabs, the bottle cap, the screw cap were also picked up at this setting.
The elimination was set at about 6 1/2 for the old tab. The ring could still be picked up. The screw cap was also picked up. The new tab and bottle cap was not picked up.
The screw cap was picked up with the elimination maxed out.
So, at about 6 1/2 should be a good setting.
In Discrete Trash Elimination
With elimination at 6 for the new tab. The ring could still be picked up along with everything else.
With elimination set at 7 1/2 for the old tab the ring could still be picked up. The new tab and bottle cap were also eliminated.
In Discrete Trash Elimination the screw cap was also picked up with elimination maxed out. The foil was not picked up at all, even with elimination set at 0.
Also in Discrete Trash Elimination the tones seemed to be a little more louder or defined.
It seems 7 1/2 is a good setting in this mode.

When the ring was held on edge it made a double signal.

These were "air" test with the objects about 3 or 4 inches from the coil.

I will be going to a North Carolina beach in about a week and hope to do these test again along with some hunting.
So far I'm happy with the results I've came up with.
I can't wait to hit the beach.

Attachments

• tabs.jpg
    tabs.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 350

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Good luck! I found a lot of coins with my Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II In both snow and sea. It goes DEEP! You will soon look like.....

Attachments

• popeye (2).jpg
    popeye (2).jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 360

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread