First time out with new Garrett Infinium Ls

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
I got the machine yesterday and put it together before I went to work(I am a deputy so I work odd hours). I got the machine a day earlier than expected -(excellent costumer service from KELLYCO). I hit the beach this morning and the picture shows my finds. The machine works as advertised. LOW HIGH and HIGH LOW signals. I ran it with a small amount of back ground threshold and without . It was smooth both in the wet/dry sand and water. I did not submerse the whole machine just the coil. It is heavy and by summers end my right arm will be huge. I think I will use the belt that came with the unit to reduce the weight.
I found you need to listen for faint sounds ,the nickel was found at about 8 - 9 inches, I could almost stand my hand scoop on end in the hole and have it the top even with the top of the hole. I did find I needed to slow down my sweeps. All in all I am impressed with the Infinium believe me If it sucked I would say so. Thanks again to all that helped with my choice. Scrooge

Attachments

• DSCF0811.JPG
    DSCF0811.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCF0811.JPG
    DSCF0811.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 252

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait till you find that first ring with it! :thumbsup:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Congratulations on getting a fine detector. As you have discovered, it goes DEEP! It is extra sensitive to gold, and will pick up gold at unbelievable depths. Take your time to learn it. There is a bit of a learning curve to it. A couple of tricks....bobby pins will give a double bleep (as you will soon learn) and there is a direct correlation between the size of a target and the audio signal length duration. A tin can will maintain a long audio signal compared to a coin.

INFINIUMONLYRINGS2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread