Went Out With My New Garrett Scorpion Tonite And Got Some Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Went Out With My New Garrett Scorpion Tonite And Got Some Gold

me2-1.jpg
I got a notice yesterday that a parcel arrived, so I headed to the post office and sure enough, the Garrett Scorpion had arrived. It was just pouring out, so I decided to pass on a hunt, but I did put it together, read the manual and went to bed. I watched the video tonite after work, and got a lucky streak, because it just stopped raining. That video had some great instructions on electronic prospecting, and really brought back some good memories of gold panning in the North Saskatchewan river which runs through Edmonton.

I dug up my old gold pans and also brought along the pan that came with the Scorpion and headed down to the old river. The river was high, so I put the Scorpion in All metal mode without ground balancing it so that I could find some highly mineralized soil. At these places, I got some shovel-fulls of roots and gravel and panned that material.

pan2-1.jpg
I just had enough time to pan 6 pans full of gravel and roots. Here's what I got in the pan for gold. We only have flour gold in the river, so no nuggets to throw in a metal pan to listen to the "clink."

Now if you can imagine using a sluicebox which is hundreds of times faster then panning, and put in about 125 hours using it, you get what is shown below.....about 1 1/2 ounces of Edmonton gold. I think I got the fever tonite. :)

Attachments

• gold (3).jpg
    gold (3).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 156

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Went Out With My New Garrett Scorpion Tonite And Got Some Gold

You are all set to have some real fun and maybe get some free gas money. Your good photos make me wanna get out my gold pans too. I have only found a couple nuggets, small ones, but they are my treasures.

Fishstank

Sep 18, 2007
3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Re: Went Out With My New Garrett Scorpion Tonite And Got Some Gold

Nice gold John

You ought to come to Arizona I'll show you where the gold is!!

Fishstank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread