$5 metal detector

Mars

Greenie
Oct 12, 2006
Recently bought a Ultra GTA500 in good working condition for $5.00 US ---- yes, you see it correctly -- $5.00 (even incl. batteries!) The owner decided he din't want it any more. I think that's a pretty darn good deal!

Does anyone know where I can download a schematic diagram/service manual for that model? The user manual is pretty sparse with info.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can probably get one direct from Garrett.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was definitely treasure found. $5.00 beats the one I saw a couple of weeks ago, $20.00 at an antique store. It was one of those stores that people sell on consignment. It looked new still in the box. I didn't put much thought into it at the time because my son was hanging all over me wanting to get out of there.

I'm sure you will have that machine paid off with finds in no time. Twenty quarters and it's paid for. Wow!!!

Good luck with it. I've never had a 500 but I've heard they are a good machine.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread