Garrett Scorpion Goldstinger Penny Popping Hunt..Good And Bad News. First The Ba

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
scorpion2.jpg

The bad news is that I will have a hard time getting enough pennies this year for amy annual gold coin using the Garrett Scorpion. It just finds all those other nickels, dimes and quarters I've been missing, plus lots of pull-tabs which mean a gold ring will soon be found! :).

"If you ain't digging junk, you just ain't getting enough" :director:

belt2.jpg

Now the good news is that you can hunt using the Garrett Scorpion with a sore shoulder, tennis elbow, rotator cuff problems or just plain tired muscles. It has a slot to slip your belt or chest mount into to just lighten up the load a little. Just another great feature of the Garrett Scorpion Goldstinger. :)

Attachments

• scorpiongold-w-logo.jpg
    scorpiongold-w-logo.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 179
  • scorpiongold-w-logo.jpg
    scorpiongold-w-logo.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 178

shibumi

Greenie
Aug 18, 2007
so far how do you like it compared to your gti 2500. Is it hard not having the imaging display? Also what is the pinpoint like by comparsion? I have been thinking of getting one for about 6 months now.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Well, the GTI 2500 is a great machine, and is the one I like to use for relics, deeper coins and woods hunting. Where the the Scorpion excels, is that it is hot on metals like gold and other similar metals. So, hunting with the Scorpion turns your attention to more pull tabs and nickels and GOLD. The GTI 2500 is better for silver and copper items. It will also find gold, but is more sensitive to the silver and copper.

So, hunting in sportsfields, playgrounds and dry beaches will give me better odds of getting a gold target using the Scorpion. It can also be used to find tiny nuggets in gold bearing streams and is the hottest Garrett machine I have tested on meteorites.

So, as a summary - both will find lots of coins, the Scorpion is more sensitive to gold and the GTI 2500 is deeper using the stock coil and will also size your objects.

Attachments

• garrett-scorpion.jpg
    garrett-scorpion.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 161

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread