ACE 250 vs. My Local Creek

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
I was running my local creek today and managed to drop my ace while I was getting out my GPS.

It submersed into the water for a brief period made an awful death noise and shut off - I immediately pulled the batteries and headed home.

I disassembled the unit and is now in the drying process.

Any guesses on if it will operate again? My vote is I bet it will.

Attachments

• DSC00979.JPG
    DSC00979.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 567

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
:stop: :stop:...With that type of experience that has happened to me with electrontic equipment more than once...I will say :thumbsup: :thumbsup:...OH YES...It will work again..... :coffee2: Let us know............. :stop:

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
Gadabout - Jim said:
:stop: :stop:...With that type of experience that has happened to me with electrontic equipment more than once...I will say :thumbsup: :thumbsup:...OH YES...It will work again..... :coffee2: Let us know............. :stop:

Yessir! ;D

Just did a test run in the metal garden ans all is well -

One more reason I love my ACE.

Jason

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Good deal!! I plan on doing some creek hunting this fall, and wondered what would happen if I dropped it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:...Yes sir i told you it would work. I have had a lot of equipment that i had fall in the water and then i dryed it out and no problem worked like new. You did it right pull the battery's right away and then let it dry out before you try it again...........good work.........

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I'm happy for you that she restarted. That's good information to know.

I bought my son one and will probably end up using it myself. It is a nice machine and not much weight. I like it.

They sure are built tough and for the price one does get a lot.

HH

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
If you attach a heavy cord to the detector around the shaft right ahead of the stand. Then tie it to your belt loop leaving enough play to swing the detector. It will never hit the water. You can release the detector and it stays above water right beside you. Cheap and quick!

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
khouse said:
If you attach a heavy cord to the detector around the shaft right ahead of the stand. Then tie it to your belt loop leaving enough play to swing the detector. It will never hit the water. You can release the detector and it stays above water right beside you. Cheap and quick!

Thanks khouse for the input, I usually am swinging a waterproof detector around these areas but wanted to try my ACE.

I will fabricate a cord prior to my next run at the creek!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread