new 2500 learning struggle and urgent petition for a baby imageing coil.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I noticed some posts on this unit and coil issues so I said why not. I look at my delema and wonder what my green friend is trying to tell me I got Forest (my units fancy name I call her). In the 28th of last month, I feel I am struggleing to learn her signals or what she is trying to communicate. I feel in love with the circle on the screen but it frustrating to see the cursor bounce back and forth and when it locks on a promising target I loose the signal I hear a partial beep or Bell tone I loose the sound no matter how many scans I do after.I feel frustrated because I am forced by circumstance to use an image large coil to receive the benefits of the circle. On the other hand the baby coil is my prefered coil but I can't bear using it because its not imageing, let all tell Garrett we want an imaging baby coil soon.I figure my production in coins will be more dominant if I have one. Both little coils the excelarator for my DFX and one for my 5000D2 work with such a blessing I plan on leaving Forest for the beach only until I comunicate with her, or the small imageing coil is realeased. :icon_scratch:

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Apparently it would not be possible to space the 2 receiving coils and the transmit coil with enough gap between them to work, within the confines of a 6" or smaller coil.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
WHEN YOU GET A SIGNAL HIT THE IMAGING BUTTON AND GET THE STRONGEST SOUND AND THE CURSER SHOULD GO ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT. THE TOP
CURSER SHOULD SHOW WHAT IT MIGHT BE. AT TIMES WHEN YOU GET A SIGNAL ONE WAY AND NOT THE OTHER. WHEN YOU SEE WHERE THE SIGNSL IS HIT THE IMAGING BUTTON AND YOU WILL FIND IT.
I HAVE FOUND ALOT OF OLD PENNIES THIS WAY. I/H AND WHEAT PENNIES. FOUND 14 IN ONE YARD A WHILE BACK.
HOPE THIS HELPS

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
After you get a signal, move the coil off the target, press the Pinpoint touchpad and move back over the target, and when all cursors are lit all the way to the right, then you have the coil centered, and should get the most accurate depth and size reading.

Uncle Willy

Oct 5, 2005
To Lizard Prince,

We'd all like a small imaging coil but it's quite a project to cram one transmitter and two receivers into such a small space and make it all work right. It would be awfully crowded in there. ;D

Bill

Uncle Willy

Oct 5, 2005
I have field tested all the GTI's and about everything else Garrett has. In regards to Dan H's post, correctly and accurately centering the target is absolutely crucial with all GTI's to obtain accurate readings. Just watch the signal strength indicator and when all the cursors are lined up across the top of the display the target will be in or under the center hole in the coil, and for accurate pinpointing always move the coil all the way off the target, press pinpoint, and move back over the target. When executed correctly pinpointing on these machines is absolutely deadly.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread