Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1

    Jun 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
    55

    GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Hi!

    I don't think I'm getting anything deeper than 4-5". Looking for some suggestions. I think my daughters ACE250 goes deeper. This detedtor every couple hours will squeal non-stop and I need to disconnect the coil, power down, power up, then plug everything back in. Any suggestions for settings. Willing to try anything.




  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

    Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    11,821
    1960 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    I still have my 1500 and it does go a little deeper than 6 inches. Cause you haven't found anything deeper than 4 inches doesn't mean there is anything deeper. However you do have a detector problem that needs to be sent back for servicve.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

  3. #3

    Nov 2006
    South Italy
    DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
    114

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Hi tlz,
    I also think your 1500 needs some repair, as Sandman said...once I saw the same with a 2500..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    I still have my 1500 and it does go a little deeper than 6 inches.

    Hey Sandman,

    Does a 1500 just go at little deeper than 6? Not more? I thought it could compare with Tesoro DeLeon or Cortes that are referred goin 10" or more...

    Melv
    1) Never dig in the archaeological sites or under the plowed soil.
    2) Give all the ancient stuff to the authorities

    We all have a part in the History making, everyday!

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

    Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    11,821
    1960 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    It is hard to state for a fact that X detector goes as deep as +12 inches as there are to many variables as to type ground, size coil, etc. I have pulled some coins out of dry beach sand at near a foot, but again the coin could have fallen deeper from the side of the hole. The only accurate method of determining depth of a target is with a metal probe to measure how deep it really is. Then that takes practice to know you aren't measuring the depth to a rock above or below the target.

    This is where a test garden comes into play.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

  5. #5

    Jun 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
    55

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman

    This is where a test garden comes into play.
    Thanks for your input. I've come to the conclusion on depth based on a test garden. That's what really has me concerned. I'm giving it one more chance on a hunt this weekend. Then I'll call Garrett I suppose. Not real happy about this considering it's a month old detector.

  6. #6
    us
    Jun 2008
    edgar nebraska
    garrett ultra gta 500 garrett 250 ace and gti2500
    102

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    have you tried to reset it by holding the power button in for a few seconds till you hear a double beep?

  7. #7

    Jun 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
    55

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Quote Originally Posted by kwdstalker
    have you tried to reset it by holding the power button in for a few seconds till you hear a double beep?
    Yes, I usually need to do that when the detector goes into it's 'squeeling' phase. Also, need to pull the coil off.



  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    6,206
    1169 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Quote Originally Posted by tlzkaasen
    Hi!

    I don't think I'm getting anything deeper than 4-5". Looking for some suggestions. I think my daughters ACE250 goes deeper. This detedtor every couple hours will squeal non-stop and I need to disconnect the coil, power down, power up, then plug everything back in. Any suggestions for settings. Willing to try anything.



    Ithink you are right about your ACE 250 i had a 250 and a GTI 1500 and in my garden the Ace went deeper than the 1500 sold the 1500.....................Jim
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

  9. #9

    Oct 2005
    93

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    What are you running your sensitivity at. If you have it high bump it down to about 6 or 6.5 and try it. Otherwise you may have a bum coil. Contact Melinda at Garrett.
    Melinda.Harper@garrett.com

    Bill

  10. #10

    Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    6,873
    11 times

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    i have a 2500 and it is definitely not the deepest machine on the block, although i do get better than 4". perhaps it needs a tune up.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

  11. #11

    Jun 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
    55

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowpointred
    i have a 2500 and it is definitely not the deepest machine on the block, although i do get better than 4". perhaps it needs a tune up.

    Yesterday was a disaster in the field. It officially just squeels..no way to reset it at this point. Destined for Garrett's service now.

  12. #12

    Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    6,873
    11 times

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Quote Originally Posted by tlzkaasen
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowpointred
    i have a 2500 and it is definitely not the deepest machine on the block, although i do get better than 4". perhaps it needs a tune up.

    Yesterday was a disaster in the field. It officially just squeels..no way to reset it at this point. Destined for Garrett's service now.
    yeah something screwy going on. mine never just squeels. Garrett will get it sorted out.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

  13. #13
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    6,206
    1169 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Quote Originally Posted by tlzkaasen
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowpointred
    i have a 2500 and it is definitely not the deepest machine on the block, although i do get better than 4". perhaps it needs a tune up.

    Yesterday was a disaster in the field. It officially just squeels..no way to reset it at this point. Destined for Garrett's service now.
    Yes a couple of years my 1500 did that i had to send it to garrett they put a new something in it and sent it back it worked then loss depth sent it back it loss depth got it back it was ok loss depth again got rid of it..==Jim==
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    6,206
    1169 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Willy
    What are you running your sensitivity at. If you have it high bump it down to about 6 or 6.5 and try it. Otherwise you may have a bum coil. Contact Melinda at Garrett.
    Melinda.Harper@garrett.com

    Bill
    I tried all sensitivity settings on it and every thing else it's not like i am new to this game been at it for over 30 years........................................==Jim ==
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

  15. #15

    Jun 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Garrett GTI 1500|| Garret ACE 250 (Daughter) || Sunray YF-1 Invader Inline Probe|| Garrett Head Phones|| 2008 Rat Head Phones||
    55

    Re: GTI 1500...Not getting depth any greater than 4"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Willy
    What are you running your sensitivity at. If you have it high bump it down to about 6 or 6.5 and try it. Otherwise you may have a bum coil. Contact Melinda at Garrett.
    Melinda.Harper@garrett.com

    Bill
    I tried all sensitivity settings on it and every thing else it's not like i am new to this game been at it for over 30 years........................................==Jim ==
    Kind of makes me think I should just sell it and buy something else in that price range/Machine Range. This thing has me really bummed.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

garrett gta problem beeps twice

,

gti 1500 tuning

,

how do i get extreme depth fom a gti 1500

,

how to tune a garret 1500 gti

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3