• detail-sef.jpg
    detail-sef.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 3,422

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: Detech SEF 15" coil for the Ace 150 and 250

:wav: I bet it gets some attention at relic hunts. Probably works as good as some machines costing 3 x as much. I can't wait to see some posts from some users of that new DETECH coil.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Were can i buy one of those???? ??? ???...................Jim

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never seen that coil...Looks wicked.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

The only Detech coils i have found fit the Minelab detectors........I think this is just some joke or prank someone is pulling with the..Detech and the Ace 250...... :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: :headbang: :violent1:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
T

The.Boomer

Just because it's a french web site and company means you can't get one ? :icon_scratch:

I'm pretty sure that if you send them the correct amount in USD around $235.00 Plus shipping and handling, they'll be more than happy to sell you one.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

The.Boomer said:
Just because it's a french web site and company means you can't get one ? :icon_scratch:

I'm pretty sure that if you send them the correct amount in USD around $235.00 Plus shipping and handling, they'll be more than happy to sell you one.
I have read that the people that got them don't like them that they like the coil that come with the detector better............Jim

OP
OP
T

The.Boomer

Keppy said:
The.Boomer said:

I have read that the people that got them don't like them that they like the coil that come with the detector better............Jim

Can you provide a link to that, cause everywhere I'm reading about them they're saying good things ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Boomer , go in to metal detecting it is the first post check it out ..Right here on treasurenet.........Jim

OP
OP
T

The.Boomer

Thanks Keppy, but that is only one persons impressions and a Garret dealers take as well. I'll read some more before I make any judgements. To start saying I heard bad things after one person says bad stuff is rumor mongering. Really since we have no Idea of that posters experience or judgment etc....And a garret Dealers post you have to assume it will be biased against anyone or anything that might steal business away from his clientele.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

The.Boomer said:
Thanks Keppy, but that is only one persons impressions and a Garret dealers take as well. I'll read some more before I make any judgements. To start saying I heard bad things after one person says bad stuff is rumor mongering. Really since we have no Idea of that posters experience or judgment etc....And a garret Dealers post you have to assume it will be biased against anyone or anything that might steal business away from his clientele.
Boomer i have not seen a good or bad report on one for the 250 i would like to know what they are like for the 250 before i put cash out for one.........Jim

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

165.00 EUR0 = $232.787 USD. That's a lot of $$$ for a after market coil. It will really have to justify itself for me to purchase one. It would be kinda cool to be the first one to own one though. I own three after market coils, and the one for the GTI 1500/GTI 2500 only lasted 4 hunts, then it sort of quit working. Well.....if I tape a penny to the coil, it starts to work again. I looked up the company on the internet, sent them the coil this spring. It came back "NO SUCH ADDRESS" ( I double checked and I used the correct one) so you can read into this however you want. The original website is now gone too.

I think that the best people to make the best coil for any detector are the ones who designed it and know the limitations of the circuits. There always was, and always will be a huge market for people to produce "KNOCK-OFFS" in another part of the world at cheap prices. I guess it's buyer beware!

Attachments

• MED_039.jpg
    MED_039.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 3,658

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

John, You are right there that is what i tried to tell boomer but he told me i have a ax to grind. I will not try a after market product untill it has been proven to be a good product. Now with Garrett's new pinpointer i will buy it as soon as i find it for sale...But that is diffrent Garrett made it and i know it is a good product.................................................................Jim

OP
OP
T

The.Boomer

Keppy, I shot down your posts because you repeatedly posted here and on another thread your opinion that the Detech coils were no good even though you had no first hand knowledge yourself. You even implied others had no first hand knowledge after they reported liking the new coil, this I know to be false.

John I respect your opinion but again your comparing some other aftermarket companies to Detech. This company has been around for quite awhile, and has a successful track record. YES $240.00 bucks would be alott of money to part with, yet that combined with the initial cost of an Ace 250 would, (if this coil works out), seem to me a very inexpensive way to get alott of bang for your dollar when compared to the cost of say a Minelab SE.

BTW Ian Conway from Research and Recovery is one of the people who so far seem impressed with this coil although he's not using an Ace to test it, here's a video he just released.

I of course will wait for video part two, just as I think everyone should. But so far I'm liking what I see.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

I would like to see one work on a Ace 250 in the U.S.A. not Japan.............. Jim

marcel76

Greenie
Nov 21, 2007

I think there is no sense in this dispute :)
My wife is so much in love with her ACE and that's why some time ago I asked Garrett Custom Service whether SEF 12x15 coil will work with ACE ?
What was their answer?

That's enough.I think we have to believe to the manufacturer of ACE.

Attachments

• garrett coil2.jpg
    garrett coil2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3,004

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

Wow a manufacturer who doesn't want someone to buy an after market coil, now that is news worthy. :D
After all they would encourage everyone to go right out and buy a coil that out points, has better depth and is even lighter than their 12" coil, now wouldn't they ? :D

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used

MD Dog said:
Wow a manufacturer who doesn't want someone to buy an after market coil,

The problem with some after market coils, is that they did not work with the manufacturer for the design, and there is the possibility of some damage to the detector with its useage. And I believe if that was the case, the warranty would be voided. The after market coils for some other metal detector manufacturers are actually licenced through the them and therefore will have a warranty in place. I will still stick with my opinion on this....."Buyer Beware"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread