Thought I Had A Gold With The Scorpion (less then 100 coins to break 100,000)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Thought I Had A Gold With The Scorpion (less then 100 coins to break 100,000)

twocoins2.jpg

Headed out for about an hour before supper to a sports field just around the block from where I live. I thought for sure that I got a gold religious medallion. However, when I looked closely under a magnifying glass, I could see it was only plated with perhaps gold. A nice find either way. And lately I have been pulling out a lot of US currency.

And I know.....I scratched that 100 year memorial token :tongue3:.​

Attachments

• religiouus (2).jpg
    religiouus (2).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 169

beaverdigger

Jan 26, 2008
Re: Thought I Had A Gold With The Scorpion (less then 100 coins to break 100,000)

The religious medal is a Catholic Miraculous Medal. Not very old as you can get them today from Perryville, Mo. But it has been blessed by Rev. Henry Grodecki.
Visit www.amm.org for the story on what the symbols on the front and back stand for. Gold is for the women, larger silver for men. The new ones, like yours, is oval shaped. Now if you find one that is real silver, and round in shape, hold on to it as it may date from the Spanish occupation, real old and quite sought after. Some of the old round ones are also made of copper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread