Attachments

• Seth Brooks Grave_Woodlawn.jpg
    Seth Brooks Grave_Woodlawn.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
My wife is descended from the Aztec Emperors. Her great-grandma was a Moctezuma, and we well know when and where she died and from what cause.

Moctezuma I, in the late 1400's sent a daughter to marry a local chieftain. We assume she is descended from him, though the Moctezuma family did own local land here, and allegedly they came up here as to a summer home.

There are gaps in her family history. The problem is the records for her family are in a special library in the state capitol and only authorized people can access them. So, we have had to simply assume the gaps in the record based on the surnames over the years.

Over the years, from much studying on the existence of the treasure, and genealogy I have concluded that there were so many marriages between the various families over that 500 years that the whole town is also descended from the Moctezumas.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
*singing* "From the halls of Moctezuma, to the shores of Tripoli...." *lol*

No offense intended piegrande. Song just popped into my head while reading your post.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
My' grandfather on my' mother's side was Edward Harry Upchurch who served in the Spanish American War, possibly in WWI and maybe to some extent in WWII and he helped build the Atomic Bomb at Oak Ridge.

My' great great great great great Grandfather on my' Dad's mother's side was Francis Winstead who was a Minuteman and First Sergeant in the Revolutionary War. He and his' troops were tasked with guarding Cherry Point on the Potomac from British incursions. The Winstead lineage has been traced back to around 1200 AD in England.

My' Ferrell ancestry on my' Dad's father's side has been traced back to the O'Fearghail (O'Farrell) Kings of Ireland then on back to King Fergal (Fearghail) of Conmaicne (Son of King Angall) who died at the battle of Clontarf and who was given the name "Man of Valour" King Fergal (Fearghail) and descended from Ir, the 5th son of King Milesius (King of Spain and Father of the Irish Race) and who was a direct descendant of Noah.

The family has a lot of work to do on the remaining family member's ancestry.

Frank

Last edited:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
In English, that song is Halls of Montezuma. Cortes changed the name to Montezuma. And, it was not originally Moctezuma. One of the earliest church documents here, around 1620, spelled it Motecuzoma. Some folks who think his treasure was taken into the USA, use claims by Indians, make that alleged claims by Indians, that they had trade with Montezuma, which instantly tells you they did not. Only Europeans and Americans used that name.

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
I know that this is an old thread but I hope MOJJAX sees this post - we are related. Mary Perkins Bradbury's parents are my g-grandparents also. Small world!

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that this is an old thread but I hope MOJJAX sees this post - we are related. Mary Perkins Bradbury's parents are my g-grandparents also. Small world!
That's Amazing !!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread