shadow box

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Rory,

There are any number of specialty stores that carry display cases, but you can start here:

www.wooddisplaycases.com

Hinged glass lids, wooden frames, filled with a foam that allows the relic to push into it and the pieces are held in place by the lid, if that makes any sense. I think they come with a felt cover over the foam (mine have it), and they come stained in a variety of colors..........have a look.

Roger

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rory,if you want, you can get a picture frame and make one yourself..Box can be made whatever depth needed with craft wood (pine, balsa, whatever).. With some spray glue place a layer of foam, add cloth (I like blue for silver objects) Make a cloth hinge using epoxy or superglue.. I think I might try a strip magnent around the edge of the box and one around the frame..A old paneled window is a nice effect..

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have an A.C. Moore around you they have some inexpensive display cases that you have to stain yourself but then you can make it as light or dark as you want.

Good luck

NJ

OP
OP
R

RNELSON

Oct 7, 2008
thank you all for your help and idea's .. very much appreciated ..Rory

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread