Okay, Im impressed with the new Garrett 2500

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, I'm impressed with the new Garrett 2500

My new detector arrived today, whoo-hooo! I've only owned a Tesoro sand shark and was strictly a water hunter. Well, I've decided to branch out and dig some dirt, hence, the new dirt machine.

She arrived this afternoon and was an easy set up. The GTI 2500 came with batteries ready to run. I watched the first five minutes of the enclosed video and learned how to set it to hunt for coins, so off I went across the street to a rarely used tot lot. Darkness was coming and I wanted to make sure it worked and play with the new machine for a few minutes.

I was listening to some subdued beeps with the screen indicating trash. It hit on a penny and said it was 2 inches down. I'm impressed on the pinpointing ability. I'm used to taking several large scoops of sand and sifting through for the target. I popped the soil and there is was, a penny!

A few more swings and a couple of quarters, right where the machine said it would be. (how long as this amazing technology been around anyhow?) It was indicating a pop top, like it had a few times already, and being a disbeliever, I dug... and to my suprise... a pop top, how cool was that!

I got a dime 6 inches down and then it was giving a quarter signal bouncing between junk and the coin so I decided to dig it and see for myself. That is when I got the key. I had my wife put her small gold ring on the ground and set the machine to discriminate for jewelry. Swinging the coil got some real funny beeps going over the ring. Its very thin and small. I was having trouble with the ring and she finally picked it up telling me I'll get used to how the machine operates with time. When she picked up the ring I moved the detector and it was still beeping. Turns out a rusty washer was 5 inches to the left of the ring 1 inch deep. Dummy, should have cleared the ground first.

Darkness set in... I think I'll skip tonight's TV viewing for the rest of the instructional video. I'm going hunting tomorrow!

I've got to say, first impressions... WOW!

First finds.jpg

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Okay, I'm impressed with the new Garrett 2500

Congrats on the new machine...I know you won't get much sleep tonight...vision's of rings and coins and not sugerplums dancing in your head..Will be waiting to see your finds.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Sounds like a HUGE change, GIB!

What fun trying out a new machine!

Best
rmptr

RNELSON

Oct 7, 2008

congrats on your new machine..looks like you are on the right track ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread