Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I am not happy and I need to vent a little. Today I drove through the neighboring town, which was established before 1700, and what did I see???

BRAND NEW SIDEWALKS!!!

I missed sidewalk tearouts in the oldest town in my area!! I will still return this weekend to try to get the strip of dirt left between the street and the walk.

Thanks for letting me vent!!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, almost to me too. I got in on a sidewalk tear out once. I got an overload signal and dug up an old horseshoe. Didn't think much of it and hung it on the white safety barricade thingy. I called my brother later on that evening and I mentioned the horseshoe. He told me that there had been in the 1880's a blacksmith shop right in that area. I went back the following morning a little after 6AM and it was gone!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very hard to learn about these projects before they happen. We just need to be on our toes and be a busy body........

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sand man is right,but some times they remove the old dirt and replace it with diferent sand so when they compact it, it won't setall and crack the concreat.try to find out if that happen then find where they dumpt it. go there and search. that happen to me i seen the piles thrusday but friday they level the dirt piles with the ashfault wich is made up of old mine rock gravel witch has copper in it. witch screwed every thing up good reading where looked in ashfault,i gave up.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
It is very hard to learn about these projects before they happen. We just need to be on our toes and be a busy body........

You are right. Remember it doesn't hurt to ask.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
johnnycat said:
Sandman said:

You are right. Remember it doesn't hurt to ask.

What makes it worse is that I knew about this project back in July, but it is hard to keep track.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE: My new job gives me access to all of these types, as well as other types of construction projects in 4 states, along with info on the contractor who was awarded the bid. Hopefully I can leverage this to get permission to detect some of these sites!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leverage your time, where do we all go. :thumbsup:

Kevin Bozard

Aug 7, 2008
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I feel your pain Neil. I just got into this sport (hobby), and when I read about hunting the grassy strips between the sidewalks and the roads... well, I was sick too. Our town tore all of it's sidewalks up, and re-did them with pavers. The sad thing is, there is no grassy strip left, the pavers go all the way out to the curb. :(

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Kevin Bozard said:
I feel your pain Neil. I just got into this sport (hobby), and when I read about hunting the grassy strips between the sidewalks and the roads... well, I was sick too. Our town tore all of it's sidewalks up, and re-did them with pavers. The sad thing is, there is no grassy strip left, the pavers go all the way out to the curb. :(

I think yo can pop out those pavers and then replace them ;)

DiverGuy83

Oct 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
this is why i usually carry my machine in the trunk of my car.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
DiverGuy83 said:
this is why i usually carry my machine in the trunk of my car.

I always have a Garrett Ace 250 in my truck. I wont keep my DFX in there tho!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread