My hunt turned bad

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Hit the hunt on Sunday morning to beef up the clad count and maybe find some jewellery. Light rain and snow not to mention a stiff breeze. But a man has to do what a man has to do. Wasn't bad untill I got ready to drive home. A sugar low hit me and I totaled my car - a 2009 Ford Focus that I didn't have for two weeks. Hit a pole and then went across the road and plowed into a parked car. Seatbelts and an airbag deployment spared major injury. Next day went to clean out my car I discovered that my Fisher 1270 was broken in half. To add insult to injury when I was out cold someone entered my car and stole my keys out of the ignition. Now somebody probably knows where I live and has all my keys. Paper work in the car with my address on it. So I had to spend part of my day changing all my locks and getting other keys made. Was not the best weekend for me.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for ya right away!!
And maybe the tow company snagged the keys when they brought it in?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oh dear goodness!! I am sure glad you didn't get seriously injured but that would have to top most bad days for sure! I do hope you find your keys soon as well! Take it easy though...you are bound to be pretty sore after all of that!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all. Reminds me of me sometimes. Glad you're not hurt. What is a sugar low? I haven't heard the term before. Monty

OP
OP
gallienus267

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Tow truck company says the keys were gone when they arrived. Next stop was the police department. The officer was not there this day but I was told that they do not remove keys from cars. The paramedics were only interested in removing me. There is no way the keys would come out by themself and my wife and I searched the car twice. That only leaves one option that some creep took them.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some people are just un-friggin believable!

To steal from an unconcious person...to further ruin their life by more acts of theft....

I'd love to have that person peering down the barrel of a gun I was holding.

Sorry for you accident....hope everything works out for you.
Al

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Big "G" sorry about the Super Bad Day! Good thing about it is that you weren't totaled like the car. Glad you were able to get the locks changed before more things turned up missing. You need to start carrying some candy bars or nuts with you!!!!! Hope your insurance company did right by you. HH

Desertfox

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,sorry to hear that.suprised that the scumbags didn't lift your wallet

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
hope you can get your detector fixed :(

natro120

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA
Wow, that is unbelievable. I am very sorry to hear about the incident. Some people just enjoy kicking others when their down. Completely ridiculous. I hope all is well and that things can be mended. Oh and my condolences for your car and detector, at least you weren't broken.

Magic Fingers

I am so sorry to hear about your accident.
I am glad you weren't hurt more then being knocked out.
Did you get checked out by a doctor?
I also agree that you will be sore and it might take a few days.
When people come to see me after an accident, I want to make sure there were no other injuries, you never know.

Donna

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Your homeowners insurance may cover the contents of your vehicle that were broken. Check with your insurance agent.

w

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Wow,
Sorry to hear about the bad luck!

I'm type 2 diabetic myself. I try to keep a little something along on hunts when it is cold that is when I seem to use up too much energy and suddenly a low sneaks up on me. Hard to notice sometimes when you are concentrating in the headphones.

Wish you the best on resolving the car, and the Fisher.

Best of Luck,
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread