Why I needed but now need to rethink my practice field.

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I haven't been very active here this year because i thought I might have to find another hobby and put the equipment away. Now that is not the case so I have a lot of catching up to do.

It started in late Feb. when I had a great day finding three first for me. Found a seven inch coin (a first) it was a buffalo (another first) no date readable. Had a great hit I just knew it was going to be silver by the tone but wasn't it was a aluminum Chuck E Cheese bracelet at four inches. Took another swing good hit same depth and when I pulled it out it said one ounce on the front of this pendant flipped it over and there it was 14k (another first). How much gold would be in one ounce of 14K?
( Attach=1)
( Attach=2)
When I pulled into the garage my back went out now I have had epidural shots for years with good results but this time nothing. By the time the doctor gets done fooling around it April and He said nothing left but surgery. Two metal bars with screws lower back at this time I'm not happy but have to have it done. While still in recovery I told my wife that I would need a practice field to brush up on my pinpointing and build my stamina up.

August 10Th five days after my 47Th wedding anniversary told my wife I'm going hunting feel good and need to see how its going to be. Had a great spent 2 hours found 26 coins and five pieces of junk in the coin program. The next day going to get the car out when I went out the back door tripped over my dog and hit the driveway on my back. Have three steps to the drive but didn't use them went down the fast way :tongue3: . After the emergency room where I found nothing was broken he said it would be a month or so before i could walk without pain again. I have never fallen like that in my life and I made me feel like a fool. :icon_jokercolor: Now all of that has passed and feeling great again. Went back to my practice field Sept 21 and have been there 6 more times. Won't post the pictures of the clad but the practice field has yielded in all Quarters (49), Dimes (72), nickles (10) and pennies(157) one of them being a 1970-S plus also found my first dollar coin a 2000-P. Have only spent 21 hours there and haven't hunted but a small portion of the field.

Told my wife since there is so much there i was going to go from using only the coin program to using coin and jewelry the last time out. Besides finding the usual clad turned over one plug and this bright shinny ring was looking at me. Had no Hallmark and it seems to be only silver coated but that's OK it felt good. :thumbsup:

( Attach=3)

Thanks for everyones time didn't mean to make it so long but now have caught up and hope to add a lot more in the future.

Happy Hunting and Good Luck
Later
Jim

Attachments

• 02 08 08 1.jpg
    02 08 08 1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 02 08 08 14K Rear.jpg
    02 08 08 14K Rear.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 11 04 08 Welle.jpg
    11 04 08 Welle.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 216

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some practice field.....sounds like you got a heck of a good spot.

Hope your back holds up for ya to clean it out good.

Al

OP
OP
JimmyT

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
johnnycat said:
Wow, and I thought I was feeling bad!!
Hope you get felling better Johnnycat. I have worked my way back to 3+ hours on my last two hunts. Hope to get to 8 hours later.

Jim
deepskyal said:
Some practice field.....sounds like you got a heck of a good spot.

Hope your back holds up for ya to clean it out good.

Al
No one was more surprised than me. Just thought I was going to find a few coins here and there the place only started in the late 70's I think but the best thing is it only 15 min. from home.
Take Care
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions