Where can I buy a new metal detector in Jacksonville Florida

ncpearldiver

Nov 18, 2008
Hi,
I just signed up a minute ago and what triggered my interest in metal detecting was when I was at the beach fishing on friday. I went out to the rocks and was fishing and the tide was low and I immediately started picking up lead weights. Literally hundreds of them stuck in the rocks and lying on top of the sand. I picked up 2 coffee can sized containers full in a matter of an hour or so. I thought to myself that if I see this many lying on top then how many are under the sand ? I have called the local pawn shops in the area and I only found one detector. A White's Classic ID Blue Max 800. They are asking @ 120 bucks and it looks brand new. Any suggestions on whether its ok for a starter? I am an avid diver and would like to start using one on my dive trips so I will probably upgrade to an underwater unit next season. I just need to know where i can get one TODAY ! lol, Thanks E T

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome to Tnet!! So glad you joined us. I have heard only good things about Whites detectors and we have many whites users here who can probably better answer your question regarding that particular machine but the price sure looks very good! You can always check the dealer section as far as finding someone to buy from as well as asking some of the guys in your area (try the Florida section of tnet) as far as finding someone local to you if you want to go look at a machine before you buy. Sounds like an underwater detector would be perfect for you so I bet you are looking forward to next season! Keep us updated on what is going on and of course....post pics! lol Once again...welcome!!

PMike

Jul 8, 2008
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300 Whites Surf Pro PI
If you navigate to Whites main site and select the locate a dealer option, there are in fact a few Whites dealers here in Jacksonville. One of them is at the indoor "flea market" om Lane ave where the Home Depot used to be, but he is only open on weekends or possibly by making an appointment to meet him there. There is another over on Southside, actually two of them, the one is a Hobby shop and the other is a fellow who is very knwledgeable and appears to have week day hours at his shop.

One other option is always Kellyco, they are not in jacksonville, but in Winter Springs near the Orlando area. They have a great show room with huge inventory, but are about a 2 hour drive from Jax.

Mike

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E T, welcome aboard!! While the price for the Classic ID is good, it does not do well in wet salt water sand. Does ok in the dry though and is a great beginner machine. I still have mine but use the DFX. Your best bet would be to talk to a local dealer.

Hal

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
sounds like a heck of a buy, and the id can be modified to work better by bill crabtree i believe, added sensitivity, GB.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. That is a good buy on the detector but, unfortunately it is not a beach detector. It will work good in dry sand. Sand wet with salt water requires another type detector. You can increase the discrimination on the classic to reject wet sand but you will miss a lot. Do some research and check on the classifieds forum and you should bd able to locate what you need. Buy used and save some money. Good luck and safe hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread