I need metal detector suggestions

gunnutt

Dec 5, 2008
I need metal detector suggestions for a present for my wife. I know this has been asked a million times before though. But someone suggested the Garrett Ace 250. I've found it for $212.00 which is in the ball park of my budget. But can someone suggest comparable options in terms of the detectors capabilities and price. I've owned a couple of metal detectors before that claimed they could perform certain things but never stacked up. Thanks for the help.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What kind of hunting will you do? (coin hunting, Relic hunting etc.)
Where will you do it? (i.e. the beach, park, woods...)
What is your budget?

Answer these and it will be far easier to come with a recommendation. :thumbsup:

mnlineman

Jan 1, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
T2 Ltd Sovereign GT Tigershark
Tesoro Silver uMax is a good option in that price range. It's light, pinpoints dead on, lifetime warranty, it's beep and dig so there's no display to lie to you. Bought one for my son last Christmas and he loves it.

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I'd agree with whoever told you the Ace 250 was the one to get, Garrett makes well built, easy to use machines that they stand behind with great customer service. Plus the ACE 250 is a proven performer (for that class of machines).

However if for some reason you don't want to go with a Garrett then you might also look at a Fisher F2 as well as the other machines already mentioned.

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
ACE 250 :wink:

I have found many pretty good finds with mine in just the short time I have had it.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with Ace 250. I highly recommend them for the price. :thumbsup:

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
For the money, I don't think you will find a better introductory machine than the Ace 250. I love mine.

HH,

Dr. Ace

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would suggest the Compadre or the Silver MicroMax by Tesoro. Both are great machines.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well the are 3 major good metal detector company
I'm white's man myself the White's XLT has always proven it self a lot of times.
but if any good metal dectector from white's or garretts or tersro is good
tersros are made here in arizona
but remenber to tell her how to listin carefully to the sounds from junk and good finds
I 'm always tuned in to diffirence in the sounds from diffirent finds
broken sound is trash lound and steady sounds is good finds
diffirent goods sounds that coins makes
and if you hear or get over the scale reading leave it it could pipe or a power cable.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, This is coin finder Whites has the Prizm 2 on sale for about $ 150. New . I have one and it payed for it self.. I have Found a ( lot on Coins) some ( ring) and a LOT of ( pulltads) . Hope this is of some Help. Coin Finder.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
Are you crazy bringing your wife with you on hunting trip's that is the only time us men have peace of mind to ourselves...J/K

Get her the Ace250 it would be the better choice and much more easier to learn. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread