Is The Season Over For You?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Here in the NYC area, it's been rainy and we did see some snow yesterday, but it's definately good for detecting tomorrow............and probably the rest of the week. Last year, we saw maybe one or two weeks where it was either too cold or the ground froze, otherwise, it was all year round. Even if the ground freezes in the parks.........it's usually still good no matter what temp in those wooded areas of the parks or in the woods where there are leaves.

Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
i think its over for me here... :( the ground is gonna freeze soon, if it hasn't already.
tho i think i can still get some old bottles from underneath the barn... that will hold up and not freeze as fast... :thumbsup:

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as the ground is not frozen the season is not over for me. Supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow though.

I say we all road trip it to Ray S ECenFL's place for the winter ;D ;D ;D

Hal

SNOWY

Mar 14, 2005
Melbourne Australia
Detector(s) used
E-Trac; Coiltek Joey, SunrayX1, X5, X12, Tejon,Corte's
Hello to you all from Australia, early summer time here... Although cooler than it ought to be.
It's 3.00 pm, Friday Dec. 19 and it's 64 degrees outside, cloudy with occasional bursts of sunshine; plus a fresh breeze.
Our climate allows us to hunt all year round really.
No snow falls here even in mid winter, I'm in a suburb east of Melbourne.
After Christmas my wife, buddy and his wife will be trying to get to the beaches...
I hope to post often then! :coffee2:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
As much as I hate to say it, I'm done, Natman!! :( I tried going out last Sunday when it was 50 degrees. The holes were filling up with water as fast as I could dig them. In spots that weren't so soggy, it was still real muddy. Next day, it was 20 degrees. We've had lows near zero this week three more inches of snow, and we are expecting up to a foot of snow tonight. >:(

I'm with jglunt - I've got to be having fun with it or I might as well not go. It's been a great season & I had a lot of fun!

HH to all you lucky dogs who have long or never-ending seasons! Keep your posts coming! :wink:
Neil

pennyfinderjim

Oct 15, 2008
Greenville,SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE150
::) Actually, here in upstate South Carolina, the weather is going about like you would expect - chilly for 3 days, real warm for 3 days, and so-so for 1 day. Then, rainy and drizzly for 2 days and, then, dry as a bone for 3 weeks. And, that's just the bad weather. The rest of the time, it ain't too bad. So, the TH season is never over for long. All joking aside, though, weather isn't too much of a factor in whether you can get out or not here. Tnx for reading. HH and good luck. Jim

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Trying to get out one more time before the 31st of december. Don't think its going to happen with all the snow thats been dumping on us. W have almost 5 inches right now. Roads are starting to get better because the sun has been out today. Other then that, I cannot drive because my car is not a 4x4 and it has trouble going up hills. >:( Anyways, I hope you guys make it outside to hunt and are not getting pounded with snow! :thumbsup:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Pennyfinder, you are right...

If you really want to get out there, it's most likely not too bad!

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
We just got hit with 20 + inches of snow and more is expected here in southern Utah. However just 50 miles to the south it stays pretty warm so Kane23 & I are looking forward to going down there & doing some hunting.

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
As of now here in Iowa, the ground is frozen and snow covered, making MDing a bit difficult, if not impossible.

BUT, in about a week we'll be in Fort Pierce Florida for 3 months......the last I heard the ground hasn't frozen there yet :sunny:

Dick

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just when you think it's over.....Monday and Tuesday was bitter cold, in the teens...

Today its going to be close to 70....go figure.

Western Pennsylvania......crazy.

Al

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
I put the Harley to bed in mid November and guess it's time to do the same for the MD. Shoveled two foot snow drifts Friday before I could get the car out of the garage. Guess it's time to start locating new sites and getting permission to dig this spring.............Winter sucks!!!!!!!!!! looking forward to retirement in Oregon :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread