Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there parkhunter,

It is rough sometimes and it stays that way for a while. 13 years ago I had a pretty severe injury and ended up with 3 fused vertebrae in my neck. I still have several discs in my neck and back that are bulging to a varied degree. While I was recovering and feeling sorry for myself because the Dr. said I would never work again my wife (EX-WIFE NOW) spent my workers comp. settlement money plus my weekly paycheck for a total of over $163,000.00..... Yeah, it took a while to recover from the injury and thinking I would be a worthless piece of crap for the rest of my life. She already had been cheating on me before that happened and lots of other things so I wallowed in a great big pity party. I ended up leaving her and my lawyer recommended that I leave the bank account like it was (a joint account) and let her live in the house until it sold. She kept taking the house payment money out and quit paying the mortgage and the house was foreclosed on before the divorce was final. I'll be paying for that house for 7 more years before I'm done but I'm remarried to a wonderful lady and I am happier than I have ever been. I learned a valuable lesson from that living hell I went through. Doctors aren't always right and divorces are very expensive because they are darn well worth it. I'm in physical pain every day but I can still get around. I still work and I'm not giving up for a long time to come, God willing of course.

Sometimes life is hard and if you let it rule your thoughts it will take you way down like it did me. I'm not taking all the credit for digging my way out of the mess I was in because I know I had a bunch of people praying for me. Hang in there buddy and don't spend time thinking about the bad things. Pray a lot and keep looking for the better things God has waiting for you. Sometimes he sends something your way that you were not looking for, so keep your eyes wide open.

DANGLANGLEY

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANGLANGLEY said:
Hey there parkhunter,

Sometimes life is hard and if you let it rule your thoughts it will take you way down like it did me. I'm not taking all the credit for digging my way out of the mess I was in because I know I had a bunch of people praying for me. Hang in there buddy and don't spend time thinking about the bad things. Pray a lot and keep looking for the better things God has waiting for you. Sometimes he sends something your way that you were not looking for, so keep your eyes wide open.

DANGLANGLEY

AMEN! Brother

GOLDandSilver

Nov 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
This is my theme song...for those times when it seems I'm knocked down more than I'm standing up:) It makes me want to get up and dance, which always make me feel better...hang in there, someday soon the bad days will be another memory in a life well lived!

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, that's a very fitting song. Good choice. :thumbsup:

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Love the video. That is Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals breaking a Hockey record last year.
Most goals scored by a left-winger in a season (2007-08) - 65 goals
I am extremely fortune to be going to see him January 3rd with my father.

With the state of the economy I can say that I am looking forward to the start of a new year. My finances are dwindling like most. I am going to be making some major changes and making some tough decisions early on. I am hoping for the best and not looking back! Keep your heads up everyone, be positive! Never ever give up! As the video says " I get knocked down, I get up again".

Spend your money and your time wisely for when they are gone you can't get it back.
Network, Network, Network, get the word out to as many people that you know that you are looking for work and what you can do.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll the tough one though know I've been on the same road as you have.

If you take up detecting now I think you're trying to escape form the problem --not working on it -- which is what you want to do, you want to solve it! Detecting is great just for that -- escaping reality for some rest -- not so effective to solve the problem.

Sometimes you need some help to drag your a$$ out of the mud, but most of the time it is possible on your own, of course it takes some hard work.. This reminds me of a quote I read one: "Hard work pays off later, Laziness now."
Sadly TO many live after that motto, they want it to "pay off" NOW. And you can see where that has lead us..

Sometimes history repeats itself...I'm hoping it does.

I'm not hoping it does.. Because if it repeats itself it shows we have learnt NOTHING, we are then going in circles getting no where. :-\

And I think to many are hoping for god to intervene, sure he can, but if he doesn't do it yourself!
Many sit and wait for TO long before they realize:
"Oh $hit nothings gonna happen and now I'm in deeper $hit then I was before and I have to dig myself out.. Why didn't I start earlier??"
Now there's some serious wisdom. ;D
I bet that might have been a blow in the face for someone, but hey welcome back to reality! ;D

OP
OP
ParkHunter61

ParkHunter61

Nov 30, 2008
I signed up for unemployment on-line waited two weeks and filed my first claim.
They called my boss to check me out and my boss explained everything.
Then today I got a letter saying theres a problem
and my claim won't go through unless I call them
But you can't call them - you cant get through - nobody will answer.
Called hundreds of times -
Theres not even a message it goes right to a busy signal..
Guess at the end of the month I'll be homeless.....
Florida sucks

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
ParkHunter61 said:
Florida sucks

just keep trying :-\ call a different departement, one that will answer and get them to put you through ;D
make a complete nuisance of yourself!!

ArcadianDelSol

Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker 1-D/505
over the years, i've learned that the most you can ever hope to get out of metal dect(or)ing is enough coins to buy fresh batteries.

Tho to be honest, of all my hobbies, this is the only one that at least makes an EFFORT to pay for its own expenses.

As for your current place in life, two place you wont find hope are at the bottom of a bottle or 3 inches in the dirt.
That particular treasure you can only find on one place: in your heart.

Just keep digging - I promise its in there.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
ParkHunter61 said:
Florida sucks

Call a city or county official like the Mayor or someone. That will get some action.
I am truly sorry about the hard times you are having. Maybe look for another full time job?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ParkHunter61 said:
Florida sucks

Maybe you should just go to the office in person. Where there is will there's a way!
You are being tested my friend. Now is the time to dig deep and see what you are made of.
I know a man who makes over $100.00 a day just washing windows and all he has is a bucket and a squeegee. and only one arm. When the going gets tough you have to reach down and find the strength to move on. Life is tough and you just have to be tougher.
You will get through this but you have to get out of your comfort zone and just do what ever it takes. You have to take charge of your own destiny. Just do it!
If you cant find the strength or the will on your own then it's time to hit your knees and pray to a higher power. If you don't know how then maybe it's time you learned.
Not meaning to sound "preachy" but some times its not what you want to hear but what you need to hear that matters.

I am pulling and praying for you to get through this a better man.

Sincerely,
Buddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread