Does Age Cloud our Vision???????

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does age tend to change the way we look at things around us or is it our hobby? My boss was with me, no not the wife, but the other boss. We had to make a trip to Charleston, SC. As we drove through the city, which was close to the College of Charleston, he kept asking me...did you see that? I kinda got annoyed at him and asked did I see what????????? He said, “didn't you see that gal over there?” and heck, all I could remember seeing was an old church with a vacant lot beside it..thinking to myself, boy that would be one heck of a place to do some detecting. As I thought about it, I was wondering if I was just too old or has this Mding thing just clouded my vision....it took all my will power to quit looking at vacant lots.....Anyone else have this serious problem?????????? HH and GL all.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC, sounds like you have a bad case of MD fever. Your boss sounds like he needs some horse blinders ;D :D :D horse-blinders.jpg
I see now they make em for people horseblinders2.jpg ;D

:wink: RR

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
SC_hunter said:
Does age tend to change the way we look at things around us or is it our hobby? My boss was with me, no not the wife, but the other boss. We had to make a trip to Charleston, SC. As we drove through the city, which was close to the College of Charleston, he kept asking me...did you see that? I kinda got annoyed at him and asked did I see what????????? He said, “didn't you see that gal over there?” and heck, all I could remember seeing was an old church with a vacant lot beside it..thinking to myself, boy that would be one heck of a place to do some detecting. As I thought about it, I was wondering if I was just too old or has this Mding thing just clouded my vision....it took all my will power to quit looking at vacant lots.....Anyone else have this serious problem?????????? HH and GL all.

All the time, now. Tough getting old or maybe just a blessing. Now we can enjoy the finer things in life that only cost a little money.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I consider myself getting older and I still notice the skirts. The difference is that I wouldn't chase one on a bet! I guess I could make an exception to one that likes to metal detect though? :wink: Seriously, I have noticed that my brains have moved a lot further North than they use to be. If you ever quit looking or noticing you are over the hill. I think I am on the downhill slide. M ::) nty

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the old saying goes, "At my age what would I do if I caught one?". Think I'll just keep looking for places to detect while driving.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose..........What is it with you and sexy mules, been trying to figure it out :icon_scratch: ::) ??? :-*

Unicorn

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose...........Almost forgot :wink: Please define what a "sexy mule" is supposed to look like. ??? :-*

Unicorn

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I also find myself looking at the old buildings. Sometimes I get excited and say " Look at that old farmhouse there" but my wife just give me that funny look.

Yes I still notice the pretty girls too. I can still multitask. LOL :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Ray S

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SC , I don't think my age (51 now) has clouded my vision with regard to the lovely ladies,

but since I started metal detecting 2 years ago , I look at property completely differently , a run

down shack on a weed infested lot , is a likely time capsule holding , barbers, mercs , indians etc.

Happy hunting, Argentium.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de can't tell you what a sexy mule looks like , but he knows one when he sees it! Right? M :wink: nty

OP
OP
SC_hunter

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real...I don't think I EVER looked at a mule.. ::) Not even pretty ones...

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if I found myself with a 10 on one side of the street and a early 1800 house on the other I'd be like a blind dog in a meat house. I wouldn't know which way to look!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I don't know about all you young bucks,but at 73 I still see that eye-candy clearly,maybe,too clearly.and like the song says,'I can't help the feelings the good Lord put down in these bones'.And surely,I must have missed a few of them along with a few great detecting places,but I try to catch up everyday.

S

seger98

Usually it's rum & coke that clouds my vision :tongue3: I do tend to look at places to hunt now more then I look at ??? wait........... what are we talking about again? :icon_jokercolor:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are soo rght monty, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and each of us is different.

Notice those huge lovely brown eyes, those expressive cute ears, and as for that softly rounded, furry, tummy, sigh How can I better describe it Unicorn luv.

SC, see what you are missing?

Don Jose de La mancha

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I do the same thing also. Always looking at the old houses and thinking about getting permission to detect. Then I drive by a lake or pond and wonder where the old swimming hole is at, and if it been detected yet. Just keep looking what can it hurt. Matt

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
We don't have beaches here but for those of you who do and detect them isn't there the an added value. :wink: Gives old guys a reason to be there. :thumbsup:

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
If the girl offered you to hunt her 1800's farm house that used to have a carnival on it twice a year or to take her.......I would hope.................................................................

my detector was in the car. :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread