New site and Bounty Hunter question

billohio6248

Apr 20, 2008
Cumming Georgia
I enjoy this forum very much. My Bounty Hunter LandStar problem is I went to Gulf Shores AL and whenever I got near the wet sand the machine just went off as if I was next to a power substation. I am not sure if it is just the machine not operating well with the salt water or if it is just me. Any comments are appreciated.

The other item is this park I discovered about 6 months ago. It was a grist mill first built in 1802 but long since burned down. The area is next to a creek with a bridge, rebuils in the past 20 years. The area was always inhabited until donated to the county and turned into a park. My theory is if I continue to pound this place I will eventually find something old. To date I have only found some recent memorial pennies. I just have to believe somewhere there are some older items. Also, there are some very large signals which indicate a lot of junk. I ssuppose a lot of landfill was brought in so who knows.

Agaain, comments and suggestions are welcome and good luck to everyone.
Bill in Georgis, formerly Ohio

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
many machines do not like the moist soil by the water line, about all you can do is turn down you sensitivity or avoid it, try running your coil a little higher off the ground. sounds like a cool spot to hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread