Pics from our freaky storms here in Washington State

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I am sure all of you have seen plenty about our horrible storms here in Washington state. for about 4 weeks we were pounded with heavy snow fall.....it just never stopped! After work on Tuesday I helped a friend get the 3+ feet of snow off of their roof by dragging a snow blower on the roof, and by the following morning you could have putted gold balls on the lawn. A freak storm blew in with very high winds ( State says clocked at 160mph on the ridge!) tons of rain, and the temp went from the 20's to near 60. Below are some pics. The first is a bridge that has 7 feet of ice on it from an ice dam breaking loose up river ( and a shot the day after during clean up). A pic of a missing roof. Part of highway 97 washed out. A small avalanche on Stevens pass. a flooded local road. The last is a huge ice/snow/mud slide at one of the ski resorts.

My county, as well as 15 others around be have been declaired in a state of emergency. All of the mountain passes are closed.

Paul in Washington

Attachments

• icedam (Medium).jpg
    icedam (Medium).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 268
  • icedam1 (Medium).jpg
    icedam1 (Medium).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 263
  • missingroof (Medium).jpg
    missingroof (Medium).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 255
  • roof1 (Medium).jpg
    roof1 (Medium).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 256
  • roadflood (Medium).jpg
    roadflood (Medium).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 254
  • stevenspassavalanche (Medium).jpg
    stevenspassavalanche (Medium).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 260
  • highway97 (Medium).jpg
    highway97 (Medium).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 259

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
thanx for the pix. Wow I guess you guys won't be doing any land detecting for awhile-to-come in that frozen and/or flooded grounds!

I wonder why some of those storms are sending ocean swells down our way to erode our beaches? ::)

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
everything melted over night. I guess the 60 degree high winds acted like a heat gun. in the last few days the ground has thawed enough to dig. No clue on the ocean swells down your way.

Paul

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
I'm in Tampico, 20 mi. west of Yakima, we had gusts to 114 mph. lots of damage

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Wow. What devastation! Hope you guys recover quickly and all is back to normal soon. thoughts and prayers to those less fortunate.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Paul in Wa,

nature sure can be a bitch at times.

Hang in there.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Well hopefully it pays back in newly exposed hunting grounds for you, best of luck and wishes.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter and her family just recently moved back here from the Seattle area. When they first moved out there they remarked on how weird the weather was. They are relieved to be back home where all they have to worry about is tornados! Monty

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Yeah that was a pretty burtal storm! Sammamish, WA even got hit with lots of snow for 2 weeks! I was stuck inside and wanting to go Mding so badly, but since I don't have a 4x4 yet. I didn't go. That is going to be on my things to get list for cars. lol That way I can still go hunting and Drive in the Snow. yes I am crazy enough to do that. We got at least 5-6 inches of snow here. It was that bad. Roads cleared though within the third week and I actually started to drive my little 240sx. lol

Hope everything is going to get better in your area paul! :)

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Lowbatts said:
Well hopefully it pays back in newly exposed hunting grounds for you, best of luck and wishes.

I am thinking it will be a good year for dredging because the rivers have moved & exposed so much new material.

Paul

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with all that water moving hope it bring you luck in your prospecting for that yellow gold. Hope the gold god is with you on your journey....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread