Would love to hunt a cw site sometime in my life.

mensite

Mar 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Does anyone know if the is some where You can pay a fee to hunt cw sites.I live in ashland miss.I want to join a club so bad.but there is not one here.I looked up and found out that the union troops had camped out in hudsonville ms.That's just 10 miles from where i live.I do know about 25 years ago that the people who own the land did some dozer work.They found swords.knives,ammo,pots and pans and alot of other stuff.I bet they haven't never had a md there.

Any way i would love to do that just one time.If any body know where and how please let me know.

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
If you have an idea of who the landowners are ask for permission, gotta try. Good luck. John

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
TexasDigger1 said:
If you have an idea of who the landowners are ask for permission, gotta try. Good luck. John

Yip gotta agree with texas on that. I am sure if you know the area where they camped you will be able to find the landowner and ask him. What i would do.

Sasnz

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You live a lot closer to where the war was and any number of possible sites than a good many of us. There may be a camp site very near you. Go to the States forum, check in with the local hunters in your area and start digging up the research possibilites.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Why would you want to pay a fee when a lot of land owners would allow you to hunt free of charge as long as you respect the land and leave no sign of being there in the first place. Good PR goes a long way in this hobby.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you know of a camp site 10 miles away, what are you waiting on? People spend months or sometimes years trying to locate campsites.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best thing is for you to do the research yourself. Learn as you go. And stay tight-lipped about where you're hunting. Most folks don't like to give up their CW spots to others. But areas around Large encampments, you can find relics just about anywhere.

You have to get your nose in the books, and then get the coil to the soil.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions