Any good discussions about the best Pinpointer?

C-Weed

Jan 16, 2009
Springfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark, White's DFX-300
I'm sure this topic had been talked about before and don't want to waste anyone's valuable time, but could someone suggest a link that I could look at to get the opinions for the best Pinpointer?

Also, you could just give me your personal opinions on the ones you use and if you like them or not. I need to get one this week and would value any input.

Thanks in Advance,
CW

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't buy a White's Bullseye!  You'll have to send it in for the switch to be repaired after six to ten hunts with it.   ::)  It seems that White's is only interested in making some cheap Swag that they can give out "free" with a detector purchase, rather than investing the time, attention, and good engineering to make their pinpointers as rugged as their detectors are.  :(

Best Wishes,

Buck

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
BuckleBoy said:
Don't buy a White's Bullseye! You'll have to send it in for the switch to be repaired after six to ten hunts with it. ::) It seems that White's is only interested in making some cheap Swag that they can give out "free" with a detector purchase, rather than investing the time, attention, and good engineering to make their pinpointers as rugged as their detectors are. :(

Best Wishes,
Buck

My switch broke after about 25 hunts, but they replaced it for free. I learned what not to do with it.

I highly recommend the Harbor Freight pinpointer. Only $16.99 and it is one of the best ones I've ever used (About 4 - 5 pinpointers). If anything happens to it, its dirt cheap to replace.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly recommend the Harbor Freight pinpointer. Only $16.99 and it is one of the best ones I've ever used (About 4 - 5 pinpointers). If anything happens to it, its dirt cheap to replace.

Hmmm. There's a store just up the street and I am sending back my Automax without even opening it.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Piercesdad said:

Hmmm. There's a store just up the street and I am sending back my Automax without even opening it.

Yeah the LED light is really really bright, and the sound is nice and loud, and the distance it detects is excellent. Other then using the wrong kind of battery and breaking my 1st one, I've never had a single problem with my 2nd one. Some say the tip falls off, but I've pulled and tried to pray it off and it won't come off for anything. So they must have banged it on a rock or dropped it or something. But when I broke mine, they replaced it free of charge, free shipping and everything and didn't even want the old one back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions