Is Kellyco a reputable company to order from?

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I bought my ACE 250 from kellyco. It arrived really quick like 4 days, the only bad part was the price of shipping. It was $212.00 and with shipping it was $244.00 so I was like ouch. But kellyco is one of the biggest suppliers out there.

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I have dealt with KellyCo with ordering my sons metal detector and my pinpointer. There customer service is one of the best I have dealt with. KellycoChick and and another TNet member, sorry can't think of TNet name, have helped me with questions. I would recommend KellyCo to anyone. I was told by a friend to deal with KellyCo and glad he showed me there website.

Sue

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm...

That is a good question. As far as being a reputable business they fit the bill, but when it comes to providing technical or geographic info concerning the way a detector will react to other types of soil they so far have not had even so much as a clue.

It almost seems that KellyCo lives and breathes Florida low-iron salt soils, end of statement.

In the past I have ordered Minelabs from them, Fishers, Bounty Hunters, ets, and even after all these years most of the the sales people there still don't realize the difference between soil in my neighborhood (west of the Rocky Mountains) and the soil types found in greater Florida and it's bordering States. A metal detector operator in Washington state will have a different time with the same detector operated in Michigan or Tennessee, etc. In nearly all cases for example, a Minelab Sov or Expl does a really nice job hunting beaches in Fla but in Oregon or Wa, they pretty much suck, when compared to most Fishers and White's..

My advice is to try each and every detector WHERE you intend to use it, BEFORE buying it. After trying, then buy from KellyCo! And NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy before you try. I have seen people stab their detectors with bayonettes, wrap them around a tree, and throw them on the ground, and all because they were angry when the #$*^$ things didn't work as well as the clearing house or high-volume dealer said they would.

I'm just giving you the truth - from my experience.

LL

soopacee

Apr 27, 2008
Pottsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kellycochick.....can i have some coupons, or a discount? :P

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
C-Weed said:
Well, I bought the detector this afternoon from my local Hobby Store. I paid $ 925.00 for a new White's DFX-300. I think that was the best price I was able to get.

Can't wait for it to arrive this weekend!

Thanks, Chris

The main reason folks buy local is so that they can get their item over the counter.
Are you saying you bought local and still had to wait for your detector?
siegfried schlagrule

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellycochick, I have ordered a few detectors from Kellyco in the past and received good service. They can not take the time to educate the customer about the various types of detectors unlike a local dealer and seem more interested in getting the right credit card number. True it is the customers job to research the tool for the job so they can make a informed decision based on what type hunting they want to do.

Many customers get confused by the website and the catalog the way they are laid out or advertised and your sales help can only truly help the customers that come into the store to speak one on one. All my orders from Kellyco were as advertised. The reason I ordered from them was I was too lazy to drive to a local dealer for a couple hours. I knew the price would be the same elsewhere without any misleading advertisements and I didn't need the hands on instruction on operation or target retrieval methods that local dealers give.

People just need to know there are other options from Kellyco, especially if they want a Tesoro.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless the "Other options" Support this site I don't Believe anyone needs to know.

& Even so, Definately Not in a Post about Kellyco.
or any other sponser for that matter.

As for the education. Plenty Here.

As for Kellyco. AWSOME ! been buying what I can from them since the early
70%

As for Kellyco Chick.
What can I say that hasn't been said already ? :thumbsup:

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
i'm happy with kellyco chick and her responses to help us. i have bought twice from them . sandman has helped me and numerous others. i believe that with kellyco here , all the members adds up to a win win situation. buying locally maybe right now in this economy is ok. a 900 dollar purchase might mean the differece of a local dealer staying in business or closing up. but with kelly co just a drop in the bucket. but im happy to be on tnet.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Final reminder of what was asked
before I Start considering this posts worth here.

Is Kellyco a reputable company to order from
C-Weed said:
From everyones feedback on the detectors that I have asked about, I am going to pull the trigger and buy the White's DFX 300 and the Detector Pro Pistol Probe.

After comparing prices, it seems that ordering from Kellyco is the cheapest and you get alot of free gear along with the purchase (you have to pay shipping).

Is Kellyco reliable and easy to deal with? Is the customer service acceptable? I would like to hear any experience anyone might have had with Kellyco before I place the order.

Thanks, CW

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My answer Yes to all of the above Questions.

Because If you find someone giving the same deal for less,
My understanding they will Meet Or Beat it.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ParkHunter61 said:
I have a different opinion.
The Question was asked by the poster and
was answered with Sandmans opinion.
It is your job (kellycochick) to say and do
what it takes to make people happy with your company.
There is nothing wrong with that and you do your job
very good
Sandman is a well respected member here at tnet
and is always the first guy to help someone out and
does not get paid for it..
He is invaluable to this site and would be sadden to see him go.
No offense to anyone
HH
Bill.
:headbang:

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
I agree with Sandman. I ordered my MXT and another coil from Kellyco and they treated me right. The delivery was very fast through UPS and the service was excellent. However, I could have gotten the same deal or better if I had been willing to drive 60 miles to a dealer.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have boughten two detector through Kellyco and have been happy with them. They will beat any price that you find out there....Matt

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I have bought several detectors from Kelley Co and have been more than satisfied with the purchase and customer service. They have gone out of their way to make sure I was happy. Needed a part one time and they shipped it free of charge.

Cant go wrong with Kelley Co!

Crazy Greek

Nov 12, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Viper Trident
I have ordered a few times from Kellyco and ALWAYS have been satisfied with my purchase. My first dealing with Kellyco was to purchase my Viper metal detector online while I was "trapped" in New Orleans helping with the Hurricane Katrina Recovery efforts there. Cell phone usage was practically non existent in the area at the time and my only means of communication with the outside world was via my laptop....go figure. I ordered the Viper and told Kellyco to just ship it to my home address in Texas. My wife informed me that the detector had indeed arrived after only a few days (very fast service) and it was left in it's packing until I returned home 5 1/2 months later.

When I finally got around to opening the package (no, that was NOT the 1st item on my agenda after returning :tongue3:) I noticed that the color on the thing was yellow. The Viper I had seen pictures of on their web site was blue. I'm thinking "Oh Damn...they sent the wrong one and now I'm gonna have to return the darn thing" and started looking at the packing slip.

Imagine my surprise upon seeing this....."We're sorry, but the item you ordered was not in stock. We are however sending you the upgrade version (Viper TRIDENT) at no extra charge."

Happy? You bet! I have since ordered a hand held scoop and a few other items from Kellyco and have yet to be disappointed with any of my purchases from Kellyco.

Having said that, let me say this. IF you are looking for instruction regarding your purchase, especially in a certain locale, perhaps you should go to your local dealer......but if you are looking for fast, friendly service with an ironclad return policy, I recommend Kellyco HANDS DOWN!

Thanks Kellyco...and Kellycochick for being here for us!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one appreciate Sandmans input his opinion is always worth the listen. I have done business with kellyco.. no problems. Im currently in the process of looking at their 10 X 12 SEF compared to the Pro Coil. I was about to order then read down farther on the page and saw there was an additional charge or about $15 for packing... but it was only on the 10 X 12, then add shipping and its about the same price as the Pro. To me i felt a little MISLEAD thinking the 10 X 12 was going to be considerablely less. The are the only game in town for that 10 X 12... how about a break on that sucker and just charge us shipping like you do on the Pro coil? Im like most people i just want a good product for a fair price without a lot of add on charges. If i can get a better deal... then feel free to drop me a note.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Sandman! Thank You KellyCoChick! Thank You Everybody! As a rookie I have learned quite abit from this thread and from the entire forum. Basically this thread boils down to each persons gut feeling. Some like the face to face, some like internet service, some have no loyalty and intermix the two. My opinion is, you if you have a good local dealer(which I am lucky and have 2) you can choose to do your shoping wherever you like. Now I understand I do have a luxury of having a local dealer.

Ok now I'm rambling I think I've made my point. you can't lose by doing your homework and asking questions and being an educated consumer.

While I've personally never asked Sandman or KellyCoChick a question from the sounds of it I think I would respect the opinion of both of them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread