Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II

JeepMcMuddy

Nov 9, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX-300, 4x6DD, 10"D2
Welcome aboard! Can't help you with any sites in Texas, but glad to hear you found a hobby for you and your son to enjoy together! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
OPUS1

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Thank for the kind words, we are looking forward to finding some treasures!!

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
I would suggest starting easy...go to playgrounds (tot-lots). Wood chips and sand can hide a lot of rings and coins. Use the playgrounds to learn the various functions of your machine. Learn the sounds of coins, rings, pulltabs, and iron. And please...fill all your holes...even in the sand and wood chips! Before you decide to hunt in lawns or fields, practice cutting plugs that leave NO visible damage. Remember, we are ALL judged by what each detectorist leaves behind...hopefully a beautiful unspotted lawn and not a bunch of unfilled holes with a piece of trash laying beside each one.

Happy hunting and welcome to the hobby!

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Ask lots of questions on here, so you can do the code of the detector. Also we give really good tips and trade secrets. You won't be disappointed with Bounty Hunter, the depth on them are incredible.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work play grounds easy digs and plenty of coins. Good luck...Matt

OP
OP
OPUS1

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector
Bottle caps and nails in my yard. It's a new house so not much around. Going out in the real world this weekend. Mouth shut, eyes and ears wide open!!

OP
OP
OPUS1

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
Well, not much of treasures, (1) wheaty 1948, (4) other pennies post 1976, (1) quarter 1990, a bunch of trash (almost filled a 13 gallon trash bag) and a dime.

It was a blast, can't wait to go for a real hunt. Found an old rock house. Waiting for the research from the county recorder parcel maps. It's in national forest and doesn't have any type of property markers for miles.

Attachments

• Rock House 3.jpg
    Rock House 3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Rock House.jpg
    Rock House.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Rock House 3.jpg
    Rock House 3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Rock House.jpg
    Rock House.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Old Rock House 3.jpg
    Old Rock House 3.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 192

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
OPUS1 said:
Well, not much of treasures, (1) wheaty 1948, (4) other pennies post 1976, (1) quarter 1990, a bunch of trash (almost filled a 13 gallon trash bag) and a dime.

Opus, use the notch filter/discriminator. You won't dig a lot of trash if you discriminate out iron.

OP
OP
OPUS1

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
Trying to get the hang of my BH. trial and error i guess until i get the hang of it. I'm going to leave it on all metal at this puppy until i can tell the difference.

Thanks for the advise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread