Buried B-25 Tools and Test Equipment

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
This may be far fetched, but it is a cheap way to go if it works...I find water lines with it all the time. Take to pieces of brazing rod maybe 30" long, bend about 6" so that it forms a L. Now loosly hold in your hands the short end of the rod, straight out in front of you with your hands about 6" apart. The rods need to be level and running side by side about 6" apart (hands and tips of rods) when I find a water pipe they cross all on their own. They may do the same when you walk across the area where the planes are buried...It might work. Practice a few times if you know where a water line or leach field is. Good luck...if it works, it will save you a lot of money. The first few times you do it is going to feel real strange sort of like two magnets wanting to attract each other.

I agree with TexasTee

But I suggest that before you go the do it yourself route at least check out the Dowsing part of this forum. Because you will need some learning and practice before such an undertaking.

Believe me finding water is pretty much a no brainer even for a novice. However it is my experience that finding other things will take some educated practiced effort. You can find running water underground weather in a metal pipe or PVC or just natural. But to find metal tools is going to take a little different approach.

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
I wish there were B25 planes down there! Can you imagine that? There are tools, big tools, 3/4" drll motors, sockets the size of a cantalope, with respectful ratchet handles, 3 feet long? Someone that may have worked on B25's would know. Or the ones that actually were prevy to the burial of tools. Anyone like that, reading this? Please tell us what a complete set of B25 tools would consist of. Is that information on the net?

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
jeff of pa said:
the Whole Country was Mapped from the air several times
from the 30's up

See if you can find Arials of the area.
from the 40's
Maybe you can get lucky & see the
Disturbed spot.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A 15'x 80' TRENCH COULD BE SEEN FROM WAY UP THERE, BACK THEN. MAYBE 50's/60's? The sample photo's I've viewed, are way out there. Seems impossible to imagine a small trench. I stand to be corrected. Can they be zoomed-in on with reasonable clarity? I noticed at, USGS they charge for photos. Does anyone know if there is a free access for OLD ARIAL photos? Post their address if so, and thanks for the help. This information should be great for anyone to have knowledge of, also.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pen Pilot has them for Pennsylvania.

Pen Pilot is From Penn state University.

Check Your Local (Closest) University
to see if they have the Info

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
jeff of pa said:
Pen Pilot has them for Pennsylvania.

Pen Pilot is From Penn state University.

Check Your Local (Closest) University
to see if they have the Info

Jeff's the man! Thanks!

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
Hey Detectit,

Can i ask how large is your land?

Hope u uncover some cool history :icon_study:

Cachefinder-

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there's a rule of thum when it come's to a two box detector.and it goes like this.3x6 in. one lbs can 1.5 footdeep 6x10in.2lbscan 3feetdeep 1x1ft. 10lbs 4feet3x3ft.100lbs15feet6x12ft.1ton18feetdeep. This information is from a page in KellyCo magazine add:thumbsup:I should of put this in last time.Ifound 2ft.dia metal calvert at four feet raised the boxloop a nother5foot or so going crossways. still had areading that would of made you dig. :thumbsup:lift loop

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
How does the Garrett Treasure Hound scan? The area below it. Is the area from one of the end of the square loops, to the other end, and as wide as the width of the square loops? Does the signal run straight down? I'm guessing the area of a Treasure Hound, approx. 15" X 48"? Or whatever the correct dimensions are. Does anyone know? What I'm wondering, would it give you a larger path scan, by holding a twin box long ways, in front of you. Will that not give ya much bigger 48" wide swath? Rather than a 15" wide, at your side. I feel sure the Hound does not flare (gets wider going down) the signal, does it? Thanks for any help.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detectit said:
It is 10', from ground, to the top of the huge stack. MAybe 10x10x10. Does ANYONE know if a Garrett or Fisher twinbox, would have a problem signaling with a huge mass of tools? The ad's show that they will fo 20 feet for big objects. If the KELLYCOCHIC, or anyone, from Kelleyco sees this, would ya mind givin' your opinion? Thanks, in advance! Detectit

Detectit,

Don't know about the Garrett, but I have had a little experience with GPR (ground penetrating radar)
Sounds like it's just what you need for your quest. :thumbsup:
Check out this link. http://www.geomodel.com/ Scroll down to Deep Ground Penetration Radar surveys.
You can see just what they do and the different models available.

There also are places to rent these devices. Just do a google search of GPR for places in your area.

Buddy~

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
Work time, right now, won't allow me to do anything. Still need to acquire a Twin Box unit. I don't really want to purchase one. It shouldn't have a problem reading that deep.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy said:
I assume that the tools were not buried because of radioactive contamination. ???

That is exactly what I was thinking. Lots of stuff was buried because of radioactive contamination. If it was hot enough to bury it you would be in a heap of trouble not to mention the health effects from the exposure. Not as much was known about radiation back in the 50's as we know now. Knowing what I know about that sort of stuff being buried I would not dig it up. I'm not trying to be rude or a know it all.... Just be careful if you decide to dig it up. A Geiger counter (alpha and beta meter) should be used to check it frequently as you dig.

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
DANGLANGLEY said:
Goodyguy said:
I assume that the tools were not buried because of radioactive contamination. ???

That is exactly what I was thinking. Lots of stuff was buried because of radioactive contamination. If it was hot enough to bury it you would be in a heap of trouble not to mention the health effects from the exposure. Not as much was known about radiation back in the 50's as we know now. Knowing what I know about that sort of stuff being buried I would not dig it up. I'm not trying to be rude or a know it all.... Just be careful if you decide to dig it up. A Geiger counter (alpha and beta meter) should be used to check it frequently as you dig.

DANGLANGLEY

Don't dig? That's some strong, funny advice. This is a great example of imginations going wild. Sorry to disappoint, these tools were not exposed to any Bikini Island radiation. So...I guess I'll be forced to dig 'em. If we see green fumes, we'll get out of there, and cover 'em back up, QUICK! Sorry, there are no chemicals either. No offense taken. Simply reference previous posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread