Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: DFX

I have not found one yet. you just have to read the owner manual. I have misplace my manual when I moved 2 years ago so now I just use the pre set setting....Matt

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods

you can go to white web page and down load one and Kelly-co click on whites and down load from there web page which i have done :icon_study: :coffee2:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Check Kellyco or White's website for "Digging Deeper With the DFX" and the other I think is, "Understanding White's DFX".
Both are loaded with info for settings, uses for each, creating and editing custom programs...etc.

A must read for DFX owners if you really want to know your machine. I found them invaluable.

And you can also download a user manual from White's website....plus a few engineering videos about the DFX.

Al

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Whites has instructional videos for the DFX on their website....on the homepage click on videos and select the DFX......also Whites was giving away free DFX books and I got one even though I do not own a DFX. I will try to find it and give it to you...providing the wife hasn't gotten rid of it. Here is the link to try and get one for yourself. It says the promo expired in 2007, but I'll bet they still have them. Fill it out and see if they send you one. I hope this helps.

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/dfxbook.php

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used

hns11550 said:
Whites has instructional videos for the DFX on their website....on the homepage click on videos and select the DFX......also Whites was giving away free DFX books and I got one even though I do not own a DFX. I will try to find it and give it to you...providing the wife hasn't gotten rid of it. Here is the link to try and get one for yourself. It says the promo expired in 2007, but I'll bet they still have them. Fill it out and see if they send you one. I hope this helps.

Thanks fill out info and now we will see if they send one :thumbsup:

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used

Thank you all for the info :icon_study: :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used

hns11550 said:
Hey Utah, let me know if you get your book....It would be interesting if they are still sending these out.
OK will do, :icon_study: :coffee2: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used

deepskyal said:
Check Kellyco or White's website for "Digging Deeper With the DFX" and the other I think is, "Understanding White's DFX".
Both are loaded with info for settings, uses for each, creating and editing custom programs...etc.

A must read for DFX owners if you really want to know your machine. I found them invaluable.

And you can also download a user manual from White's website....plus a few engineering videos about the DFX.

Al
:thumbsup: :coffee2:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'd bet they are, got mine from White's late last year. Besides being free..."Understanding White's DFX" was my most read, marked up, noted books I've owned. Really, really easy to understand and useful as any of them.
Just it alone is a great tool. The Digging Deeper is a lot more involved, more detailed, a lot longer and a little tougher read...but this is the time of year to sit in your living room, turn your machine on and practice going thru the menus so when you get out in the field, you are not waisting time trying to find what settings you want to change and what effect they have on your hunting.

Al

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used

hns11550 said:

Well you are right they sent me the book plus a dvd on DFX COOL :thumbsup: :icon_study: :coffee2:

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

Digging Deeper with the DFX by Jeff Foster is another book on the DFX....

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Utah, glad I could help, and it is good to see they are still sending that book out. I had one sent to my father, and I think he read it and is looking at buying a DFX now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread