best areas for gold prospecting?

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Better than 90% of all gold taken out of the USA is in the State of Nevada. Most of it comes from northern Nevada. However, most of that is fine and is captured by huge strip mines using a cyanide process.

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
frritchi said:
Hi all,

I am seriously considering moving to an area where I can make gold prospecting a serious hobby or maybe a profession.

Any suggestions on the best states/areas to look in to?

Thanks,
Frank
Yuma - Laguna Mtns Last Weekend look at nuggets in t-net post IT seems Yuma AZ would be a place to start
Posted Jan 22, 2009, 05:45:10 PM

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet !!! Heavier deposits of alluvial gold (river carried and deposited)

are to be found from Alaska down thru the Rocky Mountain states , Montana , Idaho, Wyoming,

Colorado, - Nevada and Arizona have major gold locations as well. I guess you would need to

contact the Gold Prospectors of America ( or GPA) to find out how to join their organisation,

because they have legal access to thousands of sites around the U.S. They will send you

maps of areas that interest you and contact info. Also you'll have to decide what kind of

prospecting your interested in - Recovering flour gold in meaningful quantities is an entirely

different kind of work than relying on a metal detector to find nuggets . I would think any

serious prospector would be working a pan for site testing , a dredge , and a detector.

Perhaps the most important equipment - Hows your back ? gold prospecting is rather

hard physical work with rough terrain and cold water as the rule rather than the exception.

You'll need a grubstake to live on until you accumulate enough of the pretty yellow stuff

to make it pay . In terms of making a living at it , those who do - dont talk about it -

as they really dont want "the man" all up in they bidness - if you get my drift. I think

your chances on a good beach with a solid metal detector for the investment of time

and equipment might actually pay more. Argentium

gopher7031

Jan 26, 2009
since you are from Zimbabwe i would have to say you should do a little research to find the areas that have producing gold mines now or in the past and check the river beds in those areas for some placer type gold ..... it all boils down to research

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread